Sr. Process Engineer- Assembly
Please review the job description and requirements below, then send your up to date resume to Wyatt Swaney via [email protected]
Our client the leading manufacturer of luxury kitchen appliances is a longstanding, family-owned company. Icons of design and paragons of performance and quality, our clients product are the refrigeration, cooking, and dishwashing specialists found in world’s most luxurious homes. We look for team members who are driven by innovation and excellence, striving to serve our customers by doing what is right—with integrity, teamwork, and accountability.
The Senior Process Engineer – Assembly focus will be to bring experience and thorough process design to new product development teams for our Process Engineering – Assembly team.
We are seeking an experienced motivated individual with an analytical and hands on approach to provide technical expertise to the manufacturing engineering staff in our assembly team. This role will drive our efforts to effectively plan, design and implement assembly processes across the organization.
The right individual in this position will consistently apply engineering methods of design evaluation, process and equipment requirement generation, process design and documentation and process evaluation to NPD and functional projects.
- Analyze and provide feedback for designs and concepts with respect to required assembly processes to meet product and customer need
- Create and maintain a process plan to meet all system/product assembly requirements
- Work collaboratively with other engineering functions, manufacturing operations, and stakeholders to communicate process requirements and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce waste
- Provide project and process requirements to NPD teams for development activities
- Process engineering changes throughout NPD projects
- Generate and manage capital projects for manufacturing engineering from concept to implementation
- Provide assembly expertise through design review, PFMEA and manufacturing tolerance analysis, and provide feedback, with proposed solutions
- Create relevant process documentation for communication to production engineers, supervisors and operators
- Research and analyze process technology and methodology to implement solutions for cost efficient and robust assembly processes
- Deliver assembly processes to the production environment, meeting production capacity, capability, schedule and cost requirements
- Assist production support engineering functions as needed
- Research, analyze and select required tooling as needed for assembly processes
- Assist in training others in areas of expertise
We value our employees by providing:
- Competitive compensation based on skills
- Industry leading health, dental, and vision plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings and profit sharing
- Education assistance and internal training programs
- Electric vehicle charging
- Maternity & paternity leave
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Working knowledge of GD&T principles
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Experience installing and starting up various assembly processes
- Experience processing tolerance stack analysis from component through assembly tooling
- Knowledge of a wide variety of assembly processes relevant to appliance manufacturing such as sub-assembly techniques, process documentation, fastening, product inspection and process verification techniques
- Minimum of 5-7 years, working in a Manufacturing Engineering role with progressive growth in responsibilities, 8+ years preferred
- Process capability analysis and implementation of control parameters within an assembly process
- Final assembly experience of multiple sub assemblies
- MES, PLM and ERP system experience
- Specification of conveyance for small to medium sized products and understanding of functional safety requirements
- Ergonomic work station design
- Time standard and work instruction generation
- Assembly of highly cosmetic product
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.