Staff Manufacturing Engineer- Automated Fabrication
Apex Systems is partnering with our client, the leading manufacturer of luxury kitchen appliances and a longstanding, family-owned company, to bring on a Staff Manufacturing Engineer- Automated Fabrication to their team!
Location: The Staff Manufacturing Engineer can sit in either Madison, WI or Cedar Rapids, IA.
By late 2024/early 2025, the Staff Manufacturing Engineer will be expected to spend 90% of their time onsite in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Icons of design and paragons of performance and quality, our client is the refrigeration, cooking, and dishwashing specialists found in world’s most luxurious homes. We look for team members who are driven by innovation and excellence, striving to serve our customers by doing what is right—with integrity, teamwork, and accountability.
This position will work cross functionally to lead the start-up of our new Cedar Rapids, IA facility.
Growth and development are important aspects of this position. Whether you aspire to be a leader or a technical expert, this position will set you up for success in the future.
We are seeking a motivated individual with an analytical approach to provide technical leadership as we start-up a new manufacturing facility. This role will lead our efforts to add large-scale customized automated equipment for the fabrication of sheet metal assemblies to this new facility.
- Lead projects (start to finish) to select, order, review design, install, and start-up large scale custom automation for processing of sheet metal assemblies
- Work collaboratively with other engineering functions, manufacturing operations, and stakeholders to gather and analyze process data and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and reduce waste
- Research new process technology and develop concepts for cost efficient and robust fabrication and assembly processes
- Provide early input to New Product Development teams to support design for manufacturability and identify critical manufacturing requirements
- Support other industrial and manufacturing engineering projects as needed
Education - Required
- Bachelors or higher in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Experience - Required
- Experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role with progressive growth in responsibilities, 10+ years preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Electro-Mechanical and PLC controlled systems. Including robust system design and design for functional safety
- Experience with robotics (industrial and collaborative), Fanuc preferred
- Experience with welding and finishing technologies for Stainless Steel
- Experience with Safety risk assessment and validation process
- Experience with SPC and Process Capabilities
- Experience using Solidworks and AutoCad
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Understanding of sheet metal fabrication equipment and processes
- Experience programming of CNC equipment
- Experience processing highly cosmetic, thin-gauge metals
- Working knowledge of GD&T principles
We value our employees by providing:
- Competitive compensation based on skills
- Industry leading health, dental, and vision plans
- Generous 401 (K) savings and profit sharing
- Education assistance and internal training programs
- Electric vehicle charging
- Maternity & paternity leave
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.