Fiber Project Supervisor
***If interested in the opportunity below please email a copy of your resume to [email protected]***
Position: Fiber Project Supervisor
Location: Mobile/Baldwin County
6-12 Month Contract w/ Extension
- This position is responsible for managing projects pertaining to Outside Plant routes construction and design.
- Conducting meetings with contractors and interdepartmental personal as well as affiliate companies.
- This position will serve as the liaison between the Outside Plant department and various local and state entities and agencies.
- Maximum dedication and effort with high energy, enthusiasm and urgency2.
- Perform various duties as instructed within the network with regards to outside plant construction of FTTC, FTTH and Backbone Fiber routes.
- Assist with right of way issues on construction projects.
- Work with various Local, County and State governments on projects concerning FTTC, FTTH and backbone fiber routes
- Be responsible for correspondence or conversations pertaining to notifications of time lines of projects and schedules.
- Be responsible for working closely with the engineering department concerning inspectors and changes in FTTC, FTTH and Fiber Routes.
- Perform daily detailed visual inspection of FTTC, FTTH and Fiber route construction to determine quality of work being performed and that it meets the Company’s standards.
- Be responsible for daily and weekly report status on FTTC, FTTH and Fiber routes.
- Must be able to assess problems, research alternatives and pursue acceptable solutions while remaining within company guidelines. Must be innovative, able to reset priorities and use resources to meet the timeline and needs of the company.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 yrs experience in underground utility, engineering or construction required.
- Must have strong organizational skills and able to work independently.
- Some supervisory experience preferred.
- Applicant must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and use computer keyboard and/or mouse, while viewing computer screen.
- Must be available via phone 7X24 hours a day for emergencies and on call as directed.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends in an on call/emergency environment.
- Regional travel will be required.
- Occasional longer distance travel required.
- Must have appropriate driver’s license and be insurance eligible.
- Must be able to handle and move 50 lbs. or more.
- Must be able to work on a ladder for an extended period of time.
- Must have good hand eye coordination.
- Must be able to operate tools and equipment.
- Must be able to traverse difficult terrain, bend, crawl, and work in attics and outdoor weather conditions for extended periods.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.