Sr. Compliance Analyst
Apex Systems is looking to hire a Compliance Analyst/Paralegal for one of their clients out of North Palm Beach, FL. This is a unique position and the hiring manager is looking for someone who has a willingness to learn and interested in a fast and growing environment. If you are interested in hearing more about the role please apply directly or send your resume directly to John Baer at [email protected].
Length: 3-6 Month Contract to Hire
Rate: 35-55/hr on W2 - Depending on candidates experience
Location: North Palm Beach, FL
Our client is looking for someone with a paralegal background as this person will be “fact checking” and tracking investigations of internal and external customer fraud claims. You will be responsible for gathering and referencing information, make changes to legal documents and organize spreadsheets to determine homeowner escalated complaints. This person will have to determine internal and external fraud so that when it comes time to the yearly audits they can determine what actually happened from any particular claim.
- Paralegal Background
- Someone who can work in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures content of compliance policies and procedures are up-to-date
- Maintains the Company’s compliance intranet site as an education and informational sharing tool
- Assists managers in the development and delivery of compliance training
- Maintains all electronic files, reports, filed documents, etc. related to compliance activities
- Monitors compliance activities at regulatory agencies and informs managers, directors, and business units
- Communicates new or revised compliance documentation
- Provides oversight, analysis and guidance to employees and/or business units
- Prepares Executive Management Reports
- Performs spot checks of business unit controls, analyzes and presents results
- Conducts benchmarking research on best practices
- Works with the appropriate departments to gain agreement, makes changes, and revises the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics or Senior Officer Code as necessary
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.