Apex Systems has an immediate opening for a Sr. Scientist at a large manufacturing client in Charlotte. This position will report to the Manager of Technology.
This is a key position to ensure the continued development and introduction of successful new products to assure that the organization maintains leadership in the building products market. The incumbent shall work closely with Marketing to translate their ideas into new products, but their creativity and knowledge will also continually identify new technology, product and system concepts that would be valuable to the organization. To meet these objectives, the ability to communicate and work closely with Business Development, Sales, Manufacturing, Suppliers and Customers is paramount.
Major Job Responsibilities ( not all inclusive):
- In cooperation with Marketing, identify new products and/or systems opportunities and manage all phases of development to bring the products to market. This includes laboratory, plant and technical field tests, as well as comprehensive physical testing, specifications, project reports and technical review of all product literature
- Develop and/or adapt test methods to quantify physical properties of a new product and its advantages over competition. Supervise witnessed test programs and edit the reports for technical accuracy.
- Monitor new products as they come to market to ensure they meet quality and manufacturing standards. Promptly solve any non-conformances and implement effective corrective actions as required
- Have a detailed knowledge of competitive products and systems, their performance characteristics, and strength and weaknesses compared to the organization. Serve as a technical resource to Marketing and other departments
- Stay attuned to customer requirements through attendance at trade shows, field visits and telephone interviews. Provide comprehensive reports to Management documenting the results of such contacts
- Supervise junior staff assigned to assist in development programs as well as provide training to improve their technical competence
- Manage important activities as required e.g. Sales Training, technical seminars, supplier meetings, etc.
- Minimum BS or equivalent education in a science discipline. Advanced degree preferred
- experience in building products development or relevant experience
- A demonstrated aptitude in developing new products
- An aggressive, organized, self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Demonstrated superior creativity, analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- Must be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, including formal presentation skills
- A willing team player with the leadership skills necessary to focus on objectives and complete assignments on time
- A willingness to travel as much as 50% of the time
- Other duties as assigned
• Competitive salary;
• Comprehensive benefits to include:
- 401(k) with employer match
- Retirement Account
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.