Test & Evaluation Lab Tech 2
A top client is looking for someone to join their flight simulation team as a Test and Evaluation Lab Technician, specifically performing maintenance on hardware and software on necessary analog and digital video. Looking for someone with a desire to learn and experience working with video software and hardware, and able to work on premises in St. Louis, MO. Candidate would need to have or be able to obtain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance or above.
This position will provide test and evaluation technician support in an aircraft production environment while working alongside production operations personnel. Main responsibilities include installing a high volume of sensors and associated wiring onto aircraft parts and assemblies per engineering requirements. Sensor types primarily include Strain Gages and Accelerometers. Other types include Thermocouples, RTDs, Pressure Transducers, etc... Processes require e coordination with Instrumentation Operations Engineers and Design Build Manufacturing Engineers, ability to interpret engineering drawings, locating, surface prep, hand sanding, cleaning, handling hazardous materials such as solvents and cleaners, adhesives, and sealants, wire fabrication, electrical terminations, soldering, crimping, wire routing, continuity checks, labeling, sealing. Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits and wiring is required. Accessibility may require working for periods while standing, kneeling, working from stair ladders, mobile lift platforms, scissor lifts, boom lifts, or supported by overhead support systems. Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) such as eye protection and hard toe shoes are required.
- Supports activities to plan, conduct and document tests on products, systems, components, materials, and manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Designs systems, materials, components, software and methodologies to meet customer requirements.
- Participates in test design and performs routine procurement, fabrication and assembly of components, test fixtures and test systems.
- Supports the coordination of test requirements and assists in reviewing test methods and capabilities.
- Facilitates systems integration, fabrication and modification; supports system pre-test setup, integration, checkout, and post test tear-down.
- Conducts routine tests, analyzes data and documents results.
- Troubleshoots and recommends resolution of basic laboratory and test-related problems.
- Works under general supervision.
Education / Experience:
- A degree in related discipline and typically 1 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sensor Installation and checkout experience preferred, specifically in reference to strain gages.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.