Sr Linux Admin - Secret (on-site)
*****If interested send your most updated resume to [email protected]*****
SENIOR LINUX ADMINISTRATOR:
Bowhead seeks a Senior Linux Administrator to join our team in Dahlgren, VA. The Senior Linux Administrator is responsible for system administration and customer support of servers and workstations in a professional environment.
- Providing technical problem solving and in-depth consulting for system operations.
- Will work as part of a team responsible for administration and management of servers, end-user workstations, and potentially clustered systems operating in both unclassified and classified network environments.
- Analysis, design, and implementation of modifications to the system software in order to improve system performance, correct errors, or fulfill specific needs.
- Participate in planning new hardware acquisitions, developing operating policy, interacting with vendors, educating customers, and communicating and collaborating with other projects within the organization.
- Work closely with scientists and engineers to help them use workstations and servers to solve their computationally intensive problems.
- Support of individual user workstations and associated software will be required.
- Linux Admin will provide support for application installation, licenses management, software tracking/distribution and backup/recovery of system configurations and user data files. Assist users in applying for accounts, and approving user access.
- BS degree preferred, and a minimum of six (6) years demonstrated experience in system administration of Linux-based servers and Linux-based workstations.
- Must have well-developed Linux system management skills.
- Must have experience with hardware experience with HP and Dell systems.
- Must meet DoD 8570 Information Assurance Workforce (IAWF) criteria or Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification at time of hire.
- Must have demonstrated experience working in an environment with rapidly changing job priorities.
- Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged amounts of time
- Must be able to twist, bend and squat periodically
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for this contract.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.