Project Manager 2
Apex Systems is seeking a Project Manager II in Austin, TX
** W2 Candidates Only / Job ID #1376248**
If applicable, please send your resume to [email protected]
Client: State Agency
Role: Project Manager II
Contract Term: 9-month contract
Work Location: Hybrid Schedule, ATX
Our client plans to complete several projects that require guidance from a software development- and infrastructure-knowledgeable Project Manager II. The project manager will develop charters, schedules, resource plans, and ensure resources are on track with scheduled work, while managing risks, issues, and action items. The project manager may also perform scrum master duties.
This role may also be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate, plan, and evaluate projects using the clients PMO project management methodologies and scrum practices.
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall development processes.
- For Agile projects, coordinate Scrum sessions and train team members on the Scrum process.
- Monitor and manage project costs and report information to IT leadership as assigned.
- Monitor and manage project quality to ensure project deliverables are acceptable and fulfill the terms of the project charter.
- Direct the work of team members in a matrixed environment and use strong written and verbal communication skills to analyze and resolve project issues with input from appropriate management and SMEs.
- Develop charters, schedules, resource plans, and ensure resources are on track with scheduled work, while managing risks, issues, and action items.
- Facilitate and participate in cross-program and multi-agency workgroups, setting goals and objectives, and providing work products.
- Facilitate sessions to further elicit business or technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain project plans, work breakdown structures, schedules, risks and issue logs, action/decision tracking logs, communication plans, and status reports.
- Develop resource management plans to ensure proper staffing levels for each project.
- Work within PMO and with other IT staff and program stakeholders to identify risks/issues and develop mitigation strategies.
- Review and recommend proposals to management.
- Work within the PMO to establish and standardize PM practices.
- Coordinate and communicate with project stakeholders, IT management, and program area staff to facilitate successful completion of project tasks.
- Prepare high-quality written presentations, updates, summaries, and other documents according to target audience needs.
- Provide research on complex topics, including assessment, analysis, and evaluation of federal regulations and communications, professional literature, and other publications to make determinations and recommendations related to state and federal legislation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.