Job Description:Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: On-site 5 days a week in Rocky Mount, VA
Duration: Full time, salaried positon
This role is responsible to work collaboratively with key stakeholders including engineers, purchasing, internal support staff as well as be the liaison for clients, suppliers, contractors and other authorities. You are responsible for project management control of costs and meeting timelines. In this role you will ensure minimal downtime related to machine breakdowns, and operator issues. You will have the responsibility to manage maintenance parts inventory spend to keep at a minimum, and ensure controls are in place in order to do so. In addition, perform management of maintenance operations which include preventative and predictive maintenance.
FDA and USDA experience is a plus. In this role it is vital to maintain compliance with regard to relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards.
Roles and Responsibilities;
- Manage and direct all maintenance staff
- Manage the 130,000 sqft facility
- Develop and maintain a Preventative Maintenance Program
- Develop, implement, and evaluate maintenance policies and procedures
- Work closely with the Safety and Facilities Coordinator
- Work closely with Production Manager
- Monitor tool and part inventories, condition and maintenance of tools to ensure adequate working supplies are available and in good working order
- Initiate and manage projects that improve production efficiency and reduce operating costs
- Schedule and oversee all maintenance-related work by managing a team of maintenance technicians and supervisors
- Ensure that all maintenance operations are done in accordance with company policy and OSHA guidelines
- Ensure the facility satisfies all industry regulations
- Manage budgets
- Forecasting, ordering, and price negotiation for spare parts inventory
- Develop and implement a (proactive) maintenance program
- Terminating/hiring maintenance staff
- Coordinating the completion of complex repairs
- Hiring subcontractors for specialized maintenance work
- Seek new ways/tools/assets to improve productivity and cut costs
- Draft maintenance reports
- Create, and maintain machine manuals library and references
- Ensure that state, city, and federal regulations relating to maintenance are met at all times
- Essential requirement is a very good understanding of machine controls and systems, such as ABB, Siemens, and Allan Bradley
- Work and collaborate with the Production Team
- Must be a very good communicator with all departments
Associated degree in Industrial Electronics, Engineering, or equivalent experience in the field
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance or related field having significant production experience and exposure.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.