Apex Systems is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our client, a leader within the biotechnology research sector. This role will be onsite in Gaithersburg, MD. The company has two sites within a few miles of each other, and this person would go to either site as needed. It is a 6 month contract-to-hire role. This role will report to the Sr. Manufacturing Operations Manager or VP of Manufacturing.
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your resume to Jenny DeMaria at [email protected] and reference Job ID #2000161.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining and servicing production and R&D machinery, performing instrument calibrations, installing new equipment, managing facility maintenance at both site locations in Gaithersburg, MD, fabricating basic equipment such as brackets and frames, and coordinating interfaces with third party maintenance providers.
- Follow Preventative Maintenance schedule to service equipment at regular intervals including tasks such as lubrication, seal changes, oil refill and change, belts change, and alignment tests
- Perform calibrations as per PM schedule that are not done via operators
- Respond to equipment breakdowns promptly
Fabrication and Installation-
- Assist in the design process and fabricate basic equipment such as frames, struts, supports, brackets, rollers and small tanks through either internal ability or managing outsourced partners
- Follow manufacturer’s manuals and drawings to assemble and install equipment such as pumps, mixers, servos, switches, sensors and motors
- Manage installation of new equipment
Facility Maintenance Management-
- Work as the facility manager for both of the site locations in Gaithersburg by interfacing with department managers, landlords, and/or 3rd party vendors/contractors
- Schedule appropriate PMs on systems such as HVAC, chilling systems and air compressors
- Respond to all facility related issues promptly
- Professional maintenance experience is required
- Experience with basic wiring, pumps, motors and seals in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with working with outsourced maintenance partners
- High school graduate or GED with 3-5 years experience
- Ability to lift 50lbs, operate basic hand tools, color vision, stand, kneel, climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to read and understand instruction manuals, wiring diagrams and drawings
- Read, write English
- Eligible to work in US
- Experience with welding (MIG, TIG) is preferred
- Experience with CAD software such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks is preferred
- Experience with controls and PLCs such as Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Automation is preferred
- Experience with CMMS (computerized maintenance management software) is preferred
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.