Field Service Technician (Midwest)
Apex Systems is looking to hire an entry level candidate for a Traveling Field Technician opportunity with one of our top clients! This will be a traveling role with all travel and expenses paid. This will also be a 6 month contract to hire with a Monday-Friday first shift schedule. If you are interested, please apply and we will reach out right away!
Job Summary: The Traveling Field Technician repairs and provides adjustments and ongoing maintenance of facilities. Incumbent must be creative and proactive contributor, focused on continuous improvement.
This position requires at least 80% travel throughout the Mid-West. The remaining time will be paid to be at home.
- Troubleshoot and conduct periodic inspections to determine Maintenance work required.
- Perform or assist in the repair and maintenance of support equipment that includes but is not limited to, automated packaging and distribution equipment, air compressors, air dryers, vacuum systems, HVAC, and DI water Systems.
- Follow preventive maintenance instructions and ensures that the records for such are properly documented.
- Perform electrical, welding, painting, plumbing, and/or carpentry repairs.
- May perform or assist in the installation, relocation and reinstallation of new and/or existing equipment.
- Track and store department inventory accurately.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience; or demonstrated skills required to perform the job.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Experience with Material Handling Equipment (MHE) safety standards accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Safety standards
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or 2-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products and e-mail skills required.
- 2+ years of experience with automated conveyor systems and controls preferred
- 2+ years of experience in the repair of material handling equipment preferred
- 2+ years of blueprint and electrical schematic reading preferred
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred
- Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.