Operations & Maintenance Manager
Apex Systems is currently searching for a Plant Operations Manager to work for a Fortune 200 Environmental Service client in Brooklyn, NY to start ASAP
If interested, please apply directly by sending your resume to [email protected]
Title: Operations & Maintenance Manager
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contract duration: 3 months
Shift: 8am-5pm, M-F
The O & M Manager’s overall function will be to manage all operations and maintenance functions ensuring the maximum productivity and economic function of a Cogeneration Plant. The O&M Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations and maintenance of the project. The O&M Manager directs the implementation of the Operating Plan and identifies those areas which may need improvement or further development. The O&M Manager assures that project operating conditions are always kept within operating limits and ensure plant safety and environmental compliance. Directs Operations personnel with safe and reliable operation of the plant.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the safe and reliable operation of the plant in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Operate the plant as per the day ahead schedule for energy and steam production per the day ahead award.
- Takes necessary corrective action in accordance with established procedures and industry best practices and at the direction of the Plant Manager. Directs Maintenance personnel in the inspection and repair of plant equipment and the performance of their duties in order to maintain safe, reliable and efficient plant operation
- Verifies work order completion in a timely manner. Determines project maintenance requirements by following preventive and predictive maintenance programs and reviewing, evaluating, and prioritizing maintenance work orders to establish job steps, estimate man-hours, and specify part and equipment needs, including recommended inventory.
- Conducts periodic inspections/tours of the plant to inspect equipment, provides direction, supervision, and feedback to employees, and ensures that all safety rules and plant procedures are followed.
- Perform and assist in troubleshooting activities as required.
- Supervises and oversees Maintenance and Operations personnel skill improvement, training, and safety programs. Ensures that an adequate number of trained personnel are available to operate and maintain the plant, even under adverse conditions.
- Mentor operations and maintenance personnel and prepare them for additional responsibilities and future advancement. Sustains the morale and motivation of operations and maintenance personnel and handles concerns and/or issues as they arise.
- Assists with the screening and hiring of personnel. Develops and administers contracts and work scopes for external contractors to ensure maximum efficiency in the use of plant and contractor personnel. Responsible for planning, scheduling, and managing plant outages and overhauls as assigned.
- Conduct/Support Regular Safety Meetings (at least monthly). Address Safety at all Group Meetings.
- Respond to all safety-related incidents including, but not limited to injuries, incidents, and near misses; write a report that explains what happened, identify the cause, and recommend corrective action following any established business unit or division practice.
- Follow up as necessary to ensure that corrective action is taken. Maintain the plant Operations Manuals and assure that operating policies and procedures are kept up to date
- A technical undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Extensive experience in natural gas-fired combined cycle power plant operations and maintenance is highly desired.
- Experience with LOTO processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge of instrumentation and controls, electricity, rotating equipment, power plant mechanics, and operations is highly desired.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and controls with attention to detail desired.
- Experience managing plant outages with multiple contractors.
- Experience supervising hourly personnel, strong leadership and motivational skills are required
- Physical requirements include the possibility of standing on feet for extended periods of time, stair and ladder climbing, and routinely lifting up to 50 pounds. Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (e.g., hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves, and high-voltage protective equipment, etc.). Work with hazardous materials may be required.
- The position requires extended working hours and varied shifts with weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules, workload, and project conditions. "On call" status will periodically be required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.