QC Technician (Food Industry)
Quality Control Technician
Apex Life Sciences is searching for a Quality Control Technician for our client in Midland, ON. Our client is a global food manufacturer. This position is a rolling 6 month contract opportunity working on the day shift. This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic, growing team!
Client: Food Manufacturer
Contract: 6 month contract (possibility for extension)
Location: Midland, Ontario
Application Process: Please apply via the medium on which you are seeing this posting. If you encounter technical difficulties submitting your resume, please send a Word version of your resume to Phil at [email protected]. Please reference Job Title QC Technician
- Routine sensory evaluation and chemical tests such as pH, TA, salt, particle size, viscosity, refractive index on all finished products
- Sampling, testing and releasing of raw materials and finished goods for use in production
- Daily tank and refrigerator temperature checks
- Prepare samples for shipment to outside micro lab
- Management of all non-conforming goods
- Ensure proper sanitation completed prior to production
- Preparation of routine media for microbiology lab
- Preparation & Communication of COA to the customers
- Follow ISO 9001, ISO 22000 and HACCP procedures as prescribed by the Quality Management System.
- B.Sc or Diploma in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or a related field.
- 0-2 years of previous experience in a food manufacturer in a quality control/ assurance role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of HACCP, ISO and Food Safety standards
- Computer skills (Excel, Word)
- Good problem solving skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.