IT Business Process Analyst
Job Description:Business Process Analyst (IT) – Huntsville, AL
Length of Contract: 12 months
Hours: Monday-Thursday 5am-3:30pm CST
As a highly-experienced IT specialist with a broad manufacturing background, you will drive execution of strategic initiatives through partnership with the manufacturing team at our fast-paced engine manufacturing facility located in Huntsville, Alabama. This includes recommending and enabling implementation of new business and system processes that are sustainable according to operational and technological best practices. A strong experience in effectively supporting systems and processes in a fast-paced, demanding manufacturing environment is needed for success in this role. Using solid, evidence-based recommendations, you will work directly with the Senior IT Manager and IT Applications Management in support of the Huntsville Powertrain Plant IT initiatives.
- Work closely with manufacturing and IT partners to learn, understand, analyze, and fully document the existing business and system processes
- Support of current and new shop floor applications, hardware, and training
- Processing of data analytics necessary to ensure 1) proper integrations are in place in support of the production line and 2) the decision support systems (reporting) are in place to help leadership continue to make decisions that are best for the plant.
- Represent IT in new Plant Project Initiatives in order to ensure CLIENT has the necessary infrastructure required to achieve the company defined goals
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Continuous improvement and project management
- Business Process Analyst, Process
- Engineer Liaison, and Data Specialist
- Accountable for managing and monitoring project performance of multiple projects with one or more internal and external dependencies, multiple scopes, including providing guidance and recommendations to leadership and core team consisting of internal and external entities
- Manages issues, risk, dependencies and change requests following the established guidelines
- Authoring accurate and comprehensive Statements of Work / proposals
- Trains user personnel in the conversion and implementation of solutions, technologies, standards, and tools
General Skills and Technologies:
- Efficient and effective execution of Industry 4.0 best practices
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suites (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Aptitude to learn different tools, technologies, standards, and programming languages
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of process mapping tools
- Serves as a customer technical analyst with responsibility for resolving complex customer problems, assists in the problem management process to identify root cause analysis and resolution, and coordinates the deployment of resolutions to all affected systems
- Strong customer service, problem solving, and documentation skills
- Strong eagerness to learn, curious mindset, and exceptional attention to details
- Takes accountability for the success of self, peers, and management
- Collaborates well and adapts to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to communicate information clearly and articulately
- Keen attention to detail and solid technical aptitude to quickly solve and avoid issues while recommending process improvements
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills to all levels of the organization
- Business process mapping and improvement minded
- Proactive, reliable, and approachable
- Organized and able to meet or exceed deadlines
While helping to grow end user understanding and use of technology, your Industry 4.0 recommendations will foster a trusted and collaborative environment for delivering solutions that meet the business need and align with IT strategy. A demonstrated methodical approach to troubleshooting and ability to think on your feet is woven throughout your work experience. If you do not know the correct answer, you quickly get it through self-drive, initiative, insight, and respectful determination because correct answers are seldom handed to us without our dedicated effort.
You have a strong aptitude for working with people, computers, servers, applications, databases, and interfaces to Shopfloor equipment in support of delivering the right operational and technological solution. You possess a keen ability to accumulate bits of information to diagnose, anticipate, and avoid problems, and simplify complex and chaotic situations. Your collaborative nature to initiate communication with cross-functional teams flattens your learning curve and enables your expedited knowledge of local and enterprise systems that are critical to manufacturing operations. Using emotional intelligence, you are able to diffuse volatile situations to bring a sense of calm that enables productive advancements.
- Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging, installation, maintenance, and implementation of applications, packaged programs, and hardware components supporting company business processes and operations
- Evaluates, analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies, designs, tests, and supports operating systems, database, utilities software, packaged software, infrastructure hardware products, IoT devices, and integrations with enterprise-wide systems
- Plans, conducts, and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with customer software, packaged software, and hardware products
- May contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure used throughout the IT solution set.
- Data Warehouse experience that demonstrates the ability to gather data from production systems, create data models, and establish decision making dashboards and reporting
- Maintains technical knowledge and industry trends by participating in
- Continuing Educational opportunities and routine reading of industry related publications/blogs/etc.
- Plans and directs studies of potential electronic data processing applications and prepares design proposals to reflect cost, time and alternative actions to satisfy existing and future needs of the corporation
- Develops test plans and protocols for evaluation of system performance
- Conducts analysis of systems specifications and uses the latest analysis/diagramming tools to represent business/technical processes
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans and coordinates system upgrade activity
- Follows pre-defined procedures and proactively develops new procedures to foster efficiency
This position is NOT remote.
Ability to lift 50 lbs is required.
This role will report in person to the Senior IT Manager at the engine manufacturing facility and will serve as one of the resources tasked with working with CLIENTS Corporate IT teams to help meet the goals and mission of Plant Operations.
Bachelor’s degree. At least 5 years of experience analyzing, designing, evaluating, modifying, testing, and implementing enterprise-wide systems and/or business experience in manufacturing is strongly preferred. Two-five years of related work experience in business operations or process improvement.
As a level in the Professional Track, work is accomplished through independent contributions or project work requiring advanced subject area knowledge and decision-making skills. Fully proficient in applying established standards, resolving a wide range of complex problems of diverse scope in innovative ways, including problems where precedent may not exist. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes. Requires in-depth knowledge and experience, with a full understanding of area of specialization. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Level at which career may stabilize for many years. Normally works independently. Receives minimal guidance, little instruction on day-to-day work, and general instructions on new assignments. May instruct, coach or provide informal guidance to other professionals or colleagues with less experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.