Job Description:Apex Systems is seeking a Copy Editor to support a local, women-owned government integrator in the Baltimore, MD area. This role is on-site, and requires previous experience preferably in the healthcare or federal government field. If interested, please send your resume to [email protected]
- 4+ years of professional experience proofreading and editing
- Experience proofing technical content (e.g., medical, healthcare, government).
- Bonus if its for CMS, HHS, or other federal govt agencies, health insurance companies, or medical facilities
- Mastery of the written word. Must have a sharp eye for detail, including impeccable spelling and grammar, as well as the ability to quickly identify and correct inconsistent usage.
- Familiarity working with/adhering to Editorial Style Guides and creating /maintaining house style guides.
- Detail-oriented, attentive, and organized; able to multi-task and efficiently prioritize projects with quick deadlines.
- Must work well individually and as part of a team, including being able to receive creative direction and feedback.
- A flexible personality, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to learn quickly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, and Excel, at a minimum.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.