IFE Tester 1
Apex Systems is hiring now for multiple Software Testers in Irvine! Apply directly to Sam Wade ([email protected]) or Krystyna ([email protected]) for immediate consideration. Please reference "Irvine Software Tester" in subject line.
Position: Software Tester
Location: Irvine, CA
Length: 3 month contract with potential to extend
Responsible for providing guidance and hands-on support in the development, test, release, and integration efforts of software associated activities. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
Software integration of new and/or existing systems, functions and LRUs designed by the Development Engineering and the S/W Development groups.
- Oversee and lead test and integration activities for assigned applications and system functionality. Provide technical direction to members of assigned work teams.
- Test and integrate development software for responsible applications.
- Ensure all testing is properly documented, reviewed, and submitted.
- Software and system testing of all In-flight Entertainment (IFE) functionality for existing systems.
- Participate in the design, development, and requirements reviews for the systems.
- Participate in all efforts in the testing and regression testing of software.
- Support all engineering efforts company-wide as required.
- Create test procedures based-on system requirements and/or design descriptions.
- Troubleshoot problems reported for all Panasonic Avionics IFE products.
- Focal point for software development, integration and problem investigation for all assigned applications.
- Oversee Troubleshooting and analyze root cause of any system anomalies/discrepancies in software.
- Familiarity with distributed software application and web interfaces.
- Strong technical background in software development lifecycle.
- Knowledgeable in standard test practices and methodologies.
- Familiarity with any database language a plus.
- Strong background and understanding of Web, Android, SQL, and Linux OS. Foundational knowledge of administrator capabilities and command language for Linux is desired.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies across multiple functions.
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable contributions to the success of a specific product/project.
- Work on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Software Engineering field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and software issue tracking/communication tools.
- Develops solutions to clearly defined problems of moderate to diverse scope. Analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives, or based on evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Possess one or more of the following:
- Experience with telephony, cell modem, wireless, SATCOM, Ethernet networks and ARINC protocols.
- Experience in content-driven streaming applications development and test.
- Experience in embedded software development testing.
- Experience with working in real-time operating system environments.
- Aircraft engineering or avionics industry related experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- IFE and/or Avionics industry related experience is preferred.
- Ability to carry up to 25 lbs.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.