Job Description:Apex Systems is looking for a Senior Java Developer with core strengths in Java, JDBC, JSP and experience with Servlets or Portlets. This role sits on-site 3 days’ a week in North Philadelphia, PA. If you are interested in learning more, please send resume to [email protected].
Title: Java Developer
Location: Philadelphia, PA 19124
***Please note: No 3rd Party or C2C Resumes will be permitted for this role.***
- Responsible for all aspects of the web application development process including requirements gathering, design, implementation, debugging, and testing.
- Supports database and application technical environments.
- Supports and maintains all aspects of assigned software products including user access, reporting, and upgrades for both internally developed and 3rd party software.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots complex software problems and provides solutions to overcome those problems using the latest technologies.
- Provides recommendations for application and system improvements.
- Develops and maintains application, user, technical, and disaster recovery documentation for assigned applications.
- 5+ years’ experience producing high quality, user-friendly applications and supporting documentation in a multi-user environment.
- 5+ years of experience in development of Java/J2EE technologies including Servlets, JSP, XML processing.
- Strong experience with JDBC for database connectivity.
- Understanding of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL and/or SQL Server is required.
- Strong experience writing SQL queries to query data from 3rd party products, applications and tools.
- Experience building and using REST Web Services (REST API’s).
- Experience with Portlets and/or Liferay would be bonus.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.