Engineer-Equipment - III
Apex Systems, the Nation’s 2nd largest Technical Staffing and Services Firm, has openings for Equipment Engineer with a Fortune 500 Company in Medway, MA and Wallington, CT, Contract Position! *If you are interested in this role, please email your resume and to [email protected]
The Equipment Engineering is for Macro and Small Cell Modification projects with potentially some transport supporting projects. 95% 5G.
- Work with all internal (RF, Real Estate, Construction, Ops, etc) groups to ensure that you understand the design and timing of the request - push back when necessary to clarify the scope of work.
- Ensure that you allow 6-8 weeks delivery time before the Desired Equipment Date in Fuze when ordering the equipment/material needed for the project(s) and that the equipment/material is released in a timely manner. Call out longer lead times.
- Stay abreast of the status of your projects, provide updates when necessary and escalate issues when appropriate.
- Set reasonable expectations for the completion of jobs/projects and be responsive to vendors and internal customers (NA, etc) when issues arise.
- Master 1ERP/Fuze modules for ordering and tracking.
- Use quality vendors and get optimal pricing through bidding out jobs (Must bid jobs 5K+). Service POs should always be issued before work starts.
- Be aware of order intervals & services are requested to meet desired due dates.
- Ensure quotes/pricing are accurate and up to date before requesting a PO based on that quote.
- Create/Update MOPs, Visio floor plans and guidelines to clarify expectations of work & reduce confusion.
- Attain close-out packages from vendors with associated pictures & required documents to ensure work quality & standards.
- Attend site walks and do spot audits to verify quality work.
- Follow up with vendors to ensure equipment and services are properly completed and invoices are submitted.
- Make sure that PO Due Dates are accurate.
- Use inventory tools and work with Warehouse Team to optimize available equipment.
- Timely ordering of equipment to reduce CIP – Monitor 1ERP to avoid prolonged warehousing.
- Model Credo Behaviors Model our Credo every day through my work.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.