2x Intermediate Network Technical Analysts
Job Description:2x Intermediate Network Analysts
Client Industry: Healthcare IT
Location: Greater Vancouver, BC (role is mostly remote, but candidates must be local to perform site visits and assessments across the Lower Mainland as needed)
Terms: 6 Month Contract (3x 6 Month extensions available)
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 6 Months from Start Date
Hours: Full Time (40 Hours / Week)
The Project Services department is responsible for delivering a wide range of IT infrastructure projects for the Health Authorities of British Columbia. We are searching for Network Analysts to work on projects to upgrade network equipment in acute hospital Communication Rooms within the Lower Mainland.
The candidate will require deep understanding of network protocols and configuration ability (Cisco, HP, and Arista).
- Perform site visits and assessments
- Create project documentation – Design document, Method of Procedure, As-built document.
- Ability to replace core switches. (Migration of settings from legacy to new, etc.)
- Ability to replace edge switches. (Migration of settings from legacy to new, etc.)
- Load-balancer (F5) configuration knowledge is an asset.
- Firewall (Palo Alto and Fortinet) configuration knowledge is an asset.
- Ability to upgrade and replace WAN technologies
- Support the vendor pre-field, staging, and implementation activities for circuit replacement.
- Site preparation for installation(s).
- Provide support with additional hardware components related to the work above.
- Physical labor related to the work above.
- Provide network implementation / production cutover services outside of normal business hours, as required.
Specific Qualifications or Experience Required:
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a university degree or technical diploma in a program such as communications technology plus appropriate vendor network certification, and five (5) years of recent data networking experience.
Five years of demonstrated experience with network equipment implementation / planning, site assessments, application of network standards and network issue problem-solving / trouble-shooting.
Professional level vendor certification (such as CCNP, PCNSE, etc.) would be an asset.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.