The Senior Application Architects role is to lead, plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business and operations systems in support of the Kentucky All Schedule Prescription Electronic Reporting (KASPER) systems core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This individual will have extensive and demonstrated experience managing teams and apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments. The primary role for this position will be to lead the overall technical solution for the KASPER system.
The successful candidate for this position will be an architect who can drive consensus on how the system and its various components should be designed and constructed. They will be an effective technical leader and resource. They will be able to confidently and comfortably justify system goals and architecture to the client.
- Primarily will be working on the KASPER system, leading design sessions with prototyping new systems for enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research, data analysis and justify recommendations to support system modification efforts.
- Extensive experience in architecting, designing, developing and implementing large scale web based applications using Microsoft Technologies, including data modelling, object modelling, .NET 2.0 and above, SQL Server 2008 and above, C# and Service Oriented Architecture
- 5+ years of development and systems analysis
- Strong understanding of Agile software development life cycle, including object-oriented analysis, test driven development, design, implementation and translate business requirements into technical artifacts.
- Minimum 2 years experience with the Microsoft ASP.NET MVC Framework.
- Experience transitioning an application from on premise to cloud.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and SQL for implementing database-driven applications
- Experience with Visual Studio .NET 2012 or newer
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience with .Net Core 3.0 and above.
- Good understanding of MSMQ and monitoring techniques.
- Experience in working with cross-sector teams including development, infrastructure and network operations teams
- Experience in reviewing and producing technical documentation
- Good understanding of Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Claims based Authentication
- Extensive experience with VMWare for server virtualization, MS Windows Server, Server hardware, IIS and web server standards, Storage SAN and NAS, Server Health Monitoring, FTP, Data center, and troubleshooting IT techniques.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience leading software development teams
- Strong understanding of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs (PDMP)
- Experience working with the Commonwealth of Kentucky or other state government agencies.
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodology Generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience using Azure DevOPS in an agile environment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.