Advanced Release Manager
Apex Systems has an immedaite need for a Release Manager with a larger fortune 500 company in Cincinnati, OH. If interested, please contact Joe Blamer at [email protected] and reference job ID 2001137
• Drive Release Management standards and best practices across product teams, and programs.
• Lead and direct multiple projects, programs and initiatives of all size and complexity levels; may also lead and direct multiple related projects of small to moderate size (small program)
• Collaborate across cross-functional teams and facilitate a community of practice for release managers, release coordinators
• Oversee all aspects of projects/programs, and in some cases, interim operations which are directed toward Release Management
• Set target deadlines and clear predictability, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of projects/entire program
• Take projects/programs from original concept through final implementation
• Partner with product teams to understand challenges that exist today in Release Management to help drive improvements and change.
• Identify appropriate resources needed, assign individual responsibilities, and develop schedule to ensure timely completion of delivery
• Ensure adherence to quality, compliance and security standards
• Oversee and ensure adherence to standard development and delivery best practices & processes & drive the product teams toward continuous improvement goals
• Lead and direct the work of others assigned as resources to the project(s)/program); rely on extensive experience and judgement to accomplish goals
• Serve as a mentor to less experienced Release Managers within the reporting area; perform with wide degree of creativity and latitude with little guidance
• Travel to offsite locations as needed
• Must be able to perform the essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications
• 6+ years of experience in leadership position delivering large and/or complex projects
• Proven problem solving and organizational skills
• Proven track record of delivering objectives on time and within budget
• Demonstrated ability in team motivation
• Knowledge and practical experience of the Lean methodology, principles and tools
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization
• Advanced analytical, problem solving and expert communication skills Knowledge of advanced project management, basic program management, and basic portfolio concepts, practices, and procedures within reporting area
Desired Previous Experience
• Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• PMP or equivalent certification
• 6+ years of experience serving as an active program master/release manager
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.