Compute and Storage Manager
Strategy & Planning
- Provide leadership in the planning, design, development, and execution of improvements with focus on simplification and optimization of processes.
- Meet with clients, peers, and decisions makers to define business requirements, systems, and storage goals; identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Present hardware/software solutions to IT management.
- Meet with vendors to assess solutions relevant to business and IT goals and objectives.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction and assistance to Systems Analysts, Engineers, Architects, and other stakeholders.
- Conduct research on emerging infrastructure technologies and recommend those that will increase cost effectiveness, systems flexibility, and security.
- Recommend wants/needs for the annual budgeting process.
- Work closely with other IT teams ensuring we are exceeding all their service delivery requirements.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Participate in the deployment of new systems, releases, versions, and maintenance modifications to systems software.
- Coordinate solutions implementations with clients and staff, including contracted services.
- Conduct research on hardware and software products to contribute to developing roadmaps for solutions recommendations.
- Deploy service solutions that simplify processes, optimize service delivery and/or solve problems.
- Design and lead projects to implement solutions that address multiple platform processing requirements.
- Ensure IT adherence to availability, reliability, governance, and business needs.
- Provide leadership to team members who design and lead projects to implement solutions that address multiple platform processing requirements.
- Ensure team members have what they need to monitor control systems, collect performance data and metrics, and prepare summary reports.
- Enable team members to install and configure applicable software and hardware products, ensuring compatibility between target product and SW software/hardware.
- Contribute to the development of service level goals and objectives.
- Ensure the culture of the teams is one that will make automating processes to optimize for desired results top of mind and a regular occurrence.
- Ensure that team members measure and report on services rendered, solutions delivered, and problems resolved (tracking and reporting activities, accomplishments, and recommendations).
- Ensure that the team provides disaster recovery capability and support for critical systems and support environments.
- Provide leadership to team members who implement/update/change policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure the provision, availability, reliability and security of infrastructure products and services.
- Provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to staff members in the creation of development plans, including training, skills assessment, career planning and goal planning.
- Provide feedback and guidance to those providing managed services to the team as part of a follow-the-sun support model established with our managed services provider.
- Set employee objectives, monitor, and evaluate performance and provide feedback and mentoring.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Provide detailed and high-level design regarding application architecture solutions, changes, and production modifications to diverse environments.
- Attend meetings in participation with the team, clients, peers, Management and/or vendors.
- Work closely with team members who participate with Change Management preparations and implementations, providing leadership and technical subject matter expertise.
- Responsible for hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support of functions.
Formal Education & Certification
· Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) or in lieu of a degree, at least 12 years in experience in the field of Information Technology or Business (work experience or a combination of education and work experience in the field of Information Technology or Business)
Knowledge & Experience
- 8+ years IT related experience.
- 2+ years supervisory experience or team responsibility.
- 4+ years in-depth hands-on experience with various aspects of systems, storage, hosting and security architectures and design.
- 4+ years’ experience with platform server and/or storage theories, principles, and practices.
- 4+ years enterprise administration experience with Storage, VMware, Windows, Linux and/or Unix systems.
- 2+ years Virtualization technology subject matter expertise
- Solid knowledge of (SAN, NAS, RAID, Fibre Channel, clustering, and encryption) technologies.
- Working knowledge and experience with Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, File Services, virtual machine hosting and management, and vulnerability management.
- Working knowledge of network protocols.
- Security and privacy protection skills with audit-oriented principles.
- Experience managing relationships with partners and/or vendors.
- Experience defining and managing contractual human resources.
- Experience with storage management solutions software, techniques, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of data retention practices and laws.
- Understand the IT processes of Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Configuration Management.
- Experience with MS Project and Visio and proven experience incorporating those into project management leadership.
- Experience leading projects.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Experience in developing documentation and presenting solutions to management and teams
- Skilled at organizing, planning, and communicating.
· Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
· Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to mentor junior team members.
· Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion and diversity.
· Travel to domestic and international sites may be required.
· Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday may be required.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.