Data Center Technician - Technical IT 1
*If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to Robert Casseb at [email protected]*
Job Title: Data Center Technician- Level 1
Location: Cheyenne, WY – on site
Client Industry: Technology
Duration: 3 months – potential to extend or convert
Rate: $15-21/hr on w2
As a Data Center Technician, you will provide day to day support for the systems infrastructure within the data center. Complex issues will be escalated to the appropriate resolver groups when necessary. You will learn and understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on your own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved. You will execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You will deliver results within scope and under tight deadlines.
- Remove network cables as part of a datacenter decommission
- Run/Label/Stage Power & Networking Cables
- Data Bearing Device (DBD) removal only (does not perform DBD scanning)
- Follows procedures for preparing, installing, performing diagnostics, troubleshooting, replacing, and/or decommissioning equipment with guidance from Datacenter Technician Leads
- Prepares, stages, sets up, and performs basic startups and shutdowns for hardware following written instructions, checklists, guides, standard procedures, and with guidance from Datacenter Technician Leads
- Physical audits of datacenter assets
- Coordinates, prepares, and executes incoming/outgoing deliveries (e.g., purchase order [PO] receiving, Rack Movement Supervisor [RMS] activities).
- Ensures complete and detailed physical inventory tracking and staging.
- Performs material movement, including shipping/receiving and inventory management per standard process.
- Basic server repair (Discrete/Rack-based) following documented procedures
- Physically assist in moving and racking equipment
- Logistics/warehouse support (Sending/Receiving)
- Move locked DBD bins to shredding area
- Maintain data center facilities removing debris and empty boxes
Must Have Requirements:
- High School Diploma AND 6+ months experience warehouse/supply chain in an information technology (IT) environment, inventory management, retail, warehouse management, or a related field.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Flexibility to work non-standard business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays
Nice to have:
- Previous datacenter experience
Personal Protective Equipment Required:
- Feet: Lace-up steel or composite toe-boots which cover the ankle with a slip resistant sole, and meets specifications set-forth in the American Society of Testing Material (ASTM) International Standard F2413-05, Standard Specification for Performance Requirements for Protective (Safety) Toe Cap Footwear. (not provided by client)
- Eyes: ANSI, CE, or EN approved Safety Glasses with side shields (provided by client)
- Hands: Level 5 cut/abrasion/impact- resistant gloves (provided by client)
- Ears: Multiple-Use ear plugs (provided by client)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.