Associate or Mid-Level Equipment & Tool Engineer
Associate or Mid-Level Equipment & Tool Engineer
Job Description Qualifications:
Our Aerospace client is seeking highly motivated, organized and strategic individuals for multiple opportunities at the Charleston, South Carolina location.
Our Goal is to use predictive analytics and systematic problem solving to perform the RIGHT maintenance at the RIGHT time to keep our systems running at the most optimum efficiency and prevent customer impact due to downtime. Being able to identify not only short-term maintenance plans but also anticipate long-term end-of-life maintenance requirement is critical to our overall Equipment and Reliability Engineering (E&RE) strategy.
A successful candidate in this role will have passion, creativity, and an insatiable desire for process improvement and efficiency. They will also have a strong desire to be out in the factory, interacting with mechanics, and directly supporting the production system. In Production Engineering, we need highly responsible professionals committed to upholding the highest standards of safety, quality, and integrity to support and grow our organization through the development and implementation of Best Practices and Standard Work across all business units.
Our Team is currently hiring for a broad range of experience levels including Associate and Mid-Level Equipment & Tool Engineers.
- Provide engineering expertise in tooling equipment
- Support team members performing engineering and technical activities; developing program and project requirements of highly complex equipment and tooling solutions, including alternatives for the Production System, in the area of Equipment and Reliability Engineering
- Validate analysis of technical data, influence product engineering design and make robotics, automation or technical recommendations to support production system integration for aerospace products
- Ensure compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements
- Participate in tool/equipment try-outs to ensure requirements are met
- In Electrical Controls roles: Program, integrate, and/or troubleshoot complex production equipment, including but not limited to: industrial robots, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), AC/DC drives, Numerical Controls (NC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), and/multi-axis Robots
- Evaluate customer and/or operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces
- Perform various analyses to optimize total system and/or system architecture
- Be responsible for implementing and managing continuous process optimization including the addition of advanced and conventional technologies to improve quality, productivity and reduce overall waste
- Retrieve and analyze production and downtime data from multiple sources to generate a clear picture of asset reliability and major downtime drivers
- Lead Root Cause/Corrective Action (RCCA) efforts and drive results of the RCCA to production
- Aid other engineers or technicians on returning equipment to production
- Participate in Autonomous Maintenance Workshops (AMW) with production and maintenance personnel
- Drive connectivity of equipment automation to our metrics and supporting functions for current and long-term objectives
- Support gated reviews and develop plans for production readiness
- Develop and author preventative maintenance programs and spares for production equipment
- Conduct studies and make recommendation for disposition of assets
- Support our Condition-Based-Monitoring (CBM) team developing the digital platform and network for future continuous equipment reliability monitoring/dashboards and analyzing findings
- Work with minimal supervision in a cross-functional team alongside specialists from manufacturing, quality, safety, post-production services, product development, suppliers, and vendors
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers and partners
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the organization by communicating, collaborating, teaching, and mentoring others
- Develop and execute project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals
- Acquire resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements
- Provide input on the development of departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives and related metrics to ensure alignment with company vision/strategy
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours and overtime
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
- 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in an Equipment or Tooling Engineer role
- Experience working in a production and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience using basic Microsoft Office and office computing systems
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with data analysis in Excel
- CATIA or equivalent solid modeling experience
- Experience with programming, integrating or troubleshooting industrial controls from OEMs.
- Experience in Automation and robotics
- Project management knowledge
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Digital Transformation
- 2+ years of experience in interacting with customers (both internal and external), at all levels, on a one-on-one basis and in group settings
- Experience working within a fast-paced team environment which required strong communication skills to frequently interact with program leadership, internal and external customer representatives and development teams
- Understanding of delivery methodologies with an emphasis on agile
- Experience with Model Based Engineering, Data Integration, Enterprise Standard Gated Practice understanding
- Familiarity with RCCAs and the tools used to conduct them (5 Why, Fishbone, KNOT charts, etc)
- Hands-on experience with production equipment troubleshooting
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.