Associate or Mid-Level Equipment & Tool Designer
Job Description:This is a Permanent/Direct Hire Position!
Title: Equipment Maintenance Technician
We are in need of 2 Engineering Techs (1 on first, 1 on second)
- 1 shift- 6-8am (8 hours)
- 2nd- after 12pm (8 hours)
A successful candidate in this role will have passion, creativity, and an insatiable desire for process improvement and efficiency. They will also have a strong desire to be out in the factory, interacting with mechanics, and directly supporting the production system. In Production Engineering, we need highly responsible professionals committed to upholding the highest standards of safety, quality, and integrity to support and grow our organization through the development and implementation of Best Practices and Standard Work across all business units.
- Develop and author preventative maintenance programs for production equipment
- Retrieve and analyze production and downtime data from multiple sources to generate a clear picture of asset reliability and major downtime drivers
- Author/contribute to authoring the requirements for new production equipment with an eye towards maintainability and reliability
- Support Maintenance and Equipment Operation teammates during major equipment downtime events
- Contribute to/Lead Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) efforts and drive results of the RCCA to production
- Participate in the review of production requirements and engineering documents to ensure equipment compliance with all applicable standards
- Assist in forecast planning of expenses to ensure equipment reliability throughout its life cycle
- Works with electrical systems and electronic components of complex industrial machinery and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications
- Has knowledge in all aspects of repair and maintenance of production and tooling equipment
- Provides technical expertise in the evaluation of products or equipment and makes recommendations
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturers instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions
- Assist our Condition-Based-Monitoring (CBM) team in identifying opportunities for application of CBM, analyzing the results of measurements, and driving action based on those findings
- Participate in tool/equipment try-outs to ensure requirements are met
- Aid other engineers or technicians on returning equipment to production
- Work with minimal supervision in a cross-functional team alongside specialists from manufacturing, quality, safety, post-production services, product development, suppliers, and vendors
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers and partners
- Provide input on the development of departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives and related metrics to ensure alignment with company vision/strategy
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours and overtime
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- 3 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting production equipment maintenance and reliability programs
- Experience working with detailed work instructions or reading & interpreting blueprints & drawings
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Associates degree from an accredited course of study, in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) and/or equivalent combination of education and experience supporting equipment automation / developing reliability programs in a production setting with a high school diploma/GED
- Familiarity with RCCAs and the tools used to conduct them (5 Why, Fishbone, KNOT charts, etc)
- Experience using Maximo or another comparable CMMS program (SAP, etc)
- Machine compensation/alignment experience
- 3+ years of experience with troubleshooting system faults and developing preventative maintenance plans
- 3+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 1+ years of experience using Maximo or other Computerized Maintenance Software Systems
- Trade school certification or education
- 2+ years of experience with automation systems maintenance, robotics systems, and various types of equipment controllers, such as Siemens 840D, Fanuc, and Allen Bradley PLC’s
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 1 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor, 3 years related work experience, etc.).
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 3 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+1 years related work experience, 5 years related work experience, etc.).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.