Apex Systems is actively hiring for Chemical/Machine Operators who are looking for a long term home in Chicago, IL! Scheduling in-person interviews immediately! For immediate consideration, send your most updated resume to Krystyna at: [email protected]!
Weekly Pay + Benefits
Position: Chemical Operator / Machine Operator - candidate MUST be willing to be clean shaven for Respirator safety.
Pay: $23/hr (Raise to $26/hr after conversion to permanent employee.)
Duration: 6 month to hire
Shift: 12 hour shifts (Overtime available if wanted)
Location: Chicago, IL - on-site
- Production Operator handles, stores, and transports chemical materials, operates, monitors, and controls continuous batch processed.
- Operate equipment such as mixers, pumps, belt dryers, spray dryers, mills, filters, cranes, heat exchangers, packaging equipment, calciners, boilers, and other plant equipment.
- Responsible for the proper operation of the processes using field controls & PLC/DCSs, and troubleshooting process issues. Consistently completes operator standard work in a timely manner and takes accountability for actions.
- Respond to emergency situations, including emergency shutdown; complete plant data sheets, environmental reports, inventory sheets, forklift inspection reports, etc. as requested, and housekeeping.
- Provide routine minor maintenance to process equipment and instrumentation using small hand tools.
- Sample and analyze plant material to maintain quality standards and take corrective action as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. Occasionally exposed to high places; fumes or airborne particles; chemicals (acids and bases); outside weather conditions; heat; noise and vibration. Ability to observe safety rules and practices and wear all safety-related equipment required by the specific task being performed. Ability to read warning signs, hazard labels, operating procedures, and log sheets. Hear warning sirens and emergency evacuation alarms.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions and understand units of measure in both English and metric system.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds with assistance.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Forklift certification
- High school diploma (or GED) required.
- Willing to be clean shaven for Respirator safety.
- 1 to 2 years manufacturing experience in a similar industry OR Associate degree in Engineering Technology with a concentration in Chemical or Process Controls with a minimum overall grade point average of 3.0 (preferred)
- Applicants need to have strong reading (English), math and technical skills, and the ability to qualify on various processes and equipment in a dynamic and complex chemical manufacturing environment.
- A good safety and attendance record.
- Thorough understanding of the importance of customer service and the ability to work cooperatively
- Ability to understand and comply with all company policies
- Open to Overtime
- Ability to wear full coverage PPE.
- Meet or exceed production requirements
- Preventive maintenance of equipment
- Maintaining accurate record keeping within the department & clean working environment.
- Assists in performance documentation of Daily Area Safety Inspections.
For immediate consideration, send your most updated resume to Krystyna at: [email protected]!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.