Job Description:IT Systems Administrator - Azure Services
Location: Greenville, SC Office (Hybrid)
*Candidate must be able to work on clients W2 without sponsorship and be able to commute to Greenville, SC*
Lima One Capital is searching for an experienced IT Systems Administrator to join the IT Operations team that provides top level technical support by troubleshooting applications, systems access, resolving hardware, software, and network related issues. Candidates must excel at communications as they will provide support to individuals or staff at all levels. A successful candidate will have a firm understanding of IT methodology and solutions, be forward thinking, and be able to assist and collaborate with other local and/or remote members in IT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the Azure infrastructure, including virtual machines, storage accounts, networking, and security components.
- Support the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, modifications, security, and upgrading of IT systems and components both on prem and cloud based.
- Effectively troubleshoots and resolves moderate to complex technical issues both onsite and remote.
- Develop, update, and execute maintenance schedules on IT systems along with maintaining local and remote inventories.
- Manages and supports in-house developed software, on-prem, and/or cloud/SaaS delivered solutions.
- Actively monitor IT systems, performance; identify issues; determine beneficial adjustments; and follow through on change implementation in compliance with all configuration change policies and processes.
- Develops and recommends ITIL best practice policies and procedures as well as Knowledge Base documentation and templating. Documents troubleshooting and resolution notes within the ITSM software.
- Continuously conduct research to resolve issues and problems as well as increasing individual abilities and knowledge.
- After hours support when required. Typically for system updates and scheduled events.
- Follow and implement Cyber Security policies and maintain SOX compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field with 3 years Sys Admin experience or 6 years experience in an IT Administrative role
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience architecting or IT System administration in an Azure environment.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years experience with Azure services, including Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Storage, Azure Networking, Azure Security, Azure Active Directory, and Local AD.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years experience scripting and deploying automation using PowerShell, Azure CLI, Power Automate or similar tools.
- Prior experience implementing cloud security and compliance best practices.
- Prior experience in monitoring and performance optimization of Azure-based systems.
- Prior experience in Database administration
- Prior experience administering Microsoft products such as Endpoint Manager (Intune), MS Defender, and O365.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Relevant Microsoft Azure certifications (e.g., Azure Administrator, Azure Solutions Architect, Azure Security Engineer) would be a plus.
- Experience in scripting, Power Automate, and other automation tools
- Diagnosing, resolving and/or escalating problems
- Interfacing with other groups to resolve problems and close issues
- Assisting in data gathering and problem analyses
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to monitor workload and prioritize support tickets
- Hands on familiarity with cloud and on-premises applications
- Understanding of Cisco networks and network troubleshooting
- Experience with supporting/administering applications within the Microsoft 365 cloud ecosystem including Office, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive
- OKTA or other IDP experience
- Box or other cloud content management experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.