Job Description:- Help Desk Manager - ** Direct Hire: $110,000 Salary ** (Washington, DC) !!
Apex Systems has an Immediate Need for a Help Desk Manager in Washington, DC !! This will be an "Permanent Hire to Client" opportunity, supporting one of our Largest Government Clients Across the United States! Please see below for additional details:
- Job Title: Help Desk Manager
- Location: Washington, DC
- Contract Layout: Permanent / Direct Hire
- Starting Salary: $110,000 + Full Benefits / PTO
*** REQUIREMENTS ***
- Public Trust Clearance ** Eligibility **
- DoD / Government Work Experience
- JIRA Experience
- SQL Experience
Manages the overall function and operations of the Help Desk. Provides leadership to all employees and team leads working the Help Desk, ensuring that the customer’s needs are met, issues are resolved efficiently, and the client’s satisfaction is maintained.
Generic Job Summary
- Leads a cross matrixed team of 6-8 tier 1 & 2 Help Desk resources in responding to end user requests.
- Monitors and assigns tickets to team and ensures timely response, turnaround and resolution to adhere to SLA measures.
- Works with end users, client stakeholders and O&M Team on a daily basis providing status and raising risks and issues.
- Manages multiple internal team meetings as well as client meetings on a weekly basis.
- Utilizes Jira to log and track issues, as well as SQL to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Ability to think independently and act as the SME when team members need support with troubleshooting.
- Ability to identify trends to track and address areas for quality improvements and procedures, production issues, change requests, and administrative issues.
- Functions collaboratively as part of a fast-paced, customer-oriented team and performs effectively as a member of a program team.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, client, and other departments partnering with the Help Desk.
- Manager supervises and coordinates activities of Help Desk Specialists, Coordinators or Technicians.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, or resolves information systems problems to minimize down time of applications and personnel.
- The Help Desk Manager may: Assist computer users with hardware and software questions and problems, Field telephone calls and e-mail messages from customers seeking guidance on technical problems, and diagnose nature of problems, and assisting customers through problem solving steps.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.