End User Support
The Contractor – End User Services is a hands-on position that is responsible for support of end user systems including, but not limited to; full PC technology life cycle, printers, software, imaging, patching systems and associated duties, in our highly collaborative and fast paced environment. The Contractor manages the implementation of technical solutions to support business initiatives and long term strategy in alignment with the corporate roadmap.
• Utilize excellent customer service skills to engage user and business partners.
• Liaises as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support. Carries out a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfill requests or enable resolution. Investigates in order to provide diagnosis and allocates unresolved issues as appropriate. Contributes to creation of support documentation.
Support corporate office and remote user’s computer systems, printing solutions, system patching, system imaging and software functionality.
• Manages the prioritization and diagnosis of incidents according to agreed procedures. Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution. Manages the escalation of unresolved incidents. Coordinates recovery, following resolution of incidents. Manages the documentation and closure of resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
• Assesses analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
• Installs or removes hardware and/or software, using supplied installation instructions and tools including, where appropriate, handover to the client. Carries out tests, corrects malfunctions, and documents results in accordance with agreed procedures. Reports details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated.
• Provides assistance to users in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation.
• Assist with Install Move Add Change (IMAC) duties as needed.
Image laptops, Windows 11.
- Work with the customer to setup their profile on the new laptop.
- Track in ticketing system (Cherwell).
- Ship new laptop to customer with a return label for old laptop.
- Track return of old laptop in ticketing system.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience
- 3+ years of IT technical support in the Desktop support area (hardware, software, telephony)
- Familiar with:
- Windows OS
- Apple Mac OS
- HP/Dell Laptop Hardware
- Apple MacBook/iMac Hardware
- Active Directory
- Strong team player with proven experience to lead collaborate effectively
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Strong customer service, organizational and communication skills
- Able to simultaneously and successfully handle multiple and disparate tasks
- Able to diagnose application, software and hardware problems in person and remotely
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.