Engineer Electrical 2
We are currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our electrical ground support equipment group in our Chandler, AZ facility.
Our electrical ground support equipment (EGSE) team supports our programs with the design, test, and sustainment of all EGSE and test support equipment hardware used in the integration and launch of our vehicles. Our EGSE team members work in a diverse set of roles across the lifecycle of a program.
Based on specific objectives, work with a system electrical engineering team to perform analysis, design, and test of complex system level designs with a focus on the electrical ground support equipment and test support equipment for the launch vehicle.
- Broad understanding and application of company electrical engineering technical standards.
- Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Prepares and presents electrical engineering materials for Requirements and Design Reviews.
- With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for more complex problems.
- Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
- Actively and effectively participates and contributes in a positive manner while supporting team decisions and goals.
- Makes an extra effort to provide quality internal and external customer service.
- Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs.
- Disciplined with escalation when required.
- Derives requirements through multiple sources of documentation and design meetings.
Qualifications for Engineer\\Level II:
- Requires 2 years with a Bachelors in Engineering or 0 years with a Masters in Engineering.
- DoD Active Secret Clearance preferred but not required.
- Design, test, and/or integration and deployment of electrical ground support equipment (EGSE) or test support equipment (TSE).
- Design, test, programming, and/or integration and deployment of automated test equipment (ATE).
- Testing of avionics, electronic components, or electrical systems using purpose designed test equipment.
- Burndown of nonconformances and/or root cause failure analysis of electronic systems.
- Release of engineering documentation including technical drawings, specifications, and test procedures.
- Leading teams or personnel in the execution of test procedures.
- Leading teams or personnel in the design of electronic equipment.
- Problem solving not only for technical issues, but also for schedule, cost, resource and other project challenges.
- Mentoring and cross-training team members across a diverse set of technologies and equipment architectures used to meet customer requirements.
- Knowledgeable with the use of basic test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, DMMs, and electronic loads.
- Broad or high-level circuit design and analysis.
Also seeking experience in any of the following:
- LabVIEW programming and NI hardware and software products.
- Contributions to process improvement initiatives.
- CompTIA Security+ or similar certifications.
- Usage and troubleshooting of networks, Windows systems, and RHEL or other Linux distributions.
- Experience with classified test systems or systems subject to cyber security policies.
- Management or tracking of projects through a product life cycle.
- Support of manufacturing engineering during the production of test equipment products.
- Experience with telemetry systems including decoms and chapter 10 recorders.
- Development or support of Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) or other integrations labs.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.