Disaster Recovery Engineer
Job Description:Our great client in Franklin, WI has an immediate opening for a Disaster Recovery Engineer. If you are interested please apply with resume to [email protected].
To support our growing team, we are seeking an experienced Technical engineer. This role will provide guidance on DR plan creation, conduct DR testing, drive architecture oversight of various project implementations to technology teams and also perform architectural analysis of the application and their supporting technical services to identify risks and gaps that may enhance their resiliency and recovery capabilities.
This position will primarily focus on application and technology analysis and DR testing of technology assets. We believe the ideal candidate will have experience in:
• Enterprise Disaster Recovery methodologies and best practices
• Modern Technology platforms, architectures, and patterns (Mainframe, WebSphere, Windows, AWS, and hyper-converged infrastructure)
Focus areas of work:
• Technology resiliency testing (High Availability / Disaster Recovery/ Chaos and Resiliency testing)
• Business Process Disaster Recovery testing (partnering with other team members)
• Mainframe failover testing (consultative as part of core project team scope: scenario and testing coordination)
• Infrastructure Disaster Recovery gap remediation plan creation. (Service level)
- Knowledge of infrastructure and software environments, programs, methodologies, procedures, and policies. Experience in any area related to IT infrastructure
- Lead in the development of processes and operating procedures. Research, analyze, develop, and document new processes and procedures to implement new solutions.
- Experience in mapping and documenting processes
- Ability to maintain records, and prepare dashboards for reporting, and correspondence related to the work
- Considerable technical problem-solving and analytical skills
- Develop structured diagrams for system specification
- Ability to communicate technical terminology at a level appropriate to the audience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.