Sr. Compute and Storage Systems Engineer
Strategy & Planning
- Work with engineers to design and implementation new compute structures.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate with systems engineers/architects for upgrades to operating systems, hardware, etc.
- Work with project managers and site personnel to implement any new or lifecycle Compute platforms.
- Leverage Infrastructure as Code to manage and deploy compute and storage systems, using Git and Jenkins script automation tools.
- Provide primary support for incident resolution, regarding storage and compute environment.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Document software updates, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions to assist in problem resolution.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of software upgrades, patches, hot fixes, etc., where required.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing Compute and Storage related software and applications across the organization.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the group and other business/technical entities.
- Assist and participate with Change Management preparations and implementations, providing technical subject matter expertise.
- Provide periodic 24/7 on-call support of specific functions.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology field of study (e.g., Information Technology, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Systems Management, Mathematics) or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years IT experience.
- 2+ year hands-on VMWare virtualization administration experience
- Technical knowledge of network protocols TCP, SIP, RTP, UDP, VLAN (802.1q) and troubleshooting communication issues using them.
- Technical understanding of modern enterprise storage technologies, such as Pure, NetApp and Dell.
- Strong and comprehensive verbal and written communications.
- Able to contribute to team effort and individual achievement.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.