Tier 2 Application Support (MHS Genesis Proactive req)
Tier 2 Application Support
Location: onsite in San Antonio 78226
Shift: Must be open to 24/7 environment
length: ongoing contract
If interested please apply to this posting
The MHS Genesis Tier 2 Subject Matter Expert (SME) for is responsible for ensuring that the MHS Genesis support staff are prepared to support and resolve any supported MHS Genesis technical issues or requests, to include proprietary and vendor supplied software and hardware. The Tier 2 SME is a key source of technical knowledge, expertise and tool usage. The Tier 2 SME works closely with the Application Support Supervisors and Director of Service Operation to ensure that support expectations are met or exceeded.
• Primary second level support of all inbound incidents. Backup first level support as needed.
• Provide accurate, timely, and professional follow-up and resolution on all supported issues.
• Accurately triage/assign/escalate tickets per departmental procedures.
• Serve as a Technical SME for MHS Genesis procedure and support knowledge.
• Raise awareness of Priority issues as they occur; ensure that process is followed exactly.
• Perform regular checks of assigned ticket queues, triage or assign per process standard.
• Perform side-by-side coaching with Analysts on difficult calls as necessary.
• Conduct training sessions as necessary under direction of management.
• Research difficult issues, identify and document resolutions as necessary.
• Identify trends in training, performance and knowledge deficiencies and escalate risks and issues to management.
• Monitor and provide feedback on Service Desk technical proficiency.
• Participate in Incident auditing activities.
• Work special projects as required.
• Identify and prepare procedures/articles for knowledge base.
• Assist Application Support Supervisors as needed.
• Foster team spirit and a team oriented attitude.
• Maintain a sense of urgency within the team during heightened periods of activity.
• Maintain dependable attendance and schedule adherence.
• Technically advanced support knowledge in specific MHS applications
• The ability to effectively communicate technical matters to a non-technical audience
• Strong customer service and communications skills
• Strong critical thinking skills that facilitate expedient problem solving
• Demonstrated teamwork skills
• Must be able to work in a stressful environment
• Department of Defense security clearance (ADP II Public Trust) or the ability to obtain one
-5 years demonstrating use of Cerner or Genesis technologies.
• Knowledge of Cerner Millennium EHR
• Demonstrated knowledge of Service Desk support methodology
• BS Degree
• Relevant technical certifications or relevant MHS Application experience
• Familiar with ITIL (certification preferred)
• HDI (certification preferred )
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.