Apex Systems is looking for Microbiologists for IMMEDIATE HIRE in the Morrisville, NC area!
Title: Microbiologist II
Rate: Dependant on experience
Location: Morrisville, NC 27560
Duration: Starting as a 6 month contract
- The laboratory groups are responsible for the support of pharmaceutical product development in a range of dosage forms both directly with customers and in collaboration with other company facilities.
- This includes formulation development, structural chemistry, analytical support, and clinical trials material manufacturing.
- Usually works with some supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters.
- May be assisted by laboratory technicians/assistants or associate level scientists.
- Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Has appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- You may direct projects and employees, taking on a technical lead role.
- Comply with divisional and site Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Doctoral degree, Masters degree, Bachelors degree, or Associates degree in chemistry or closely related physical science from a four-year college/university or equivalent education and training.
- PhD and 0-2 years related experience, MS and 4-6 years related experience, BS and 7-9 years related experience, or equivalent education, experience and training.
- Maintain high quality laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site SOPs.
- Ability to learn and retain technical information.
- Proactively address work issues at both an individual level and a team level.
- Develop and execute complex procedures or methods with high quality.
- Becoming familiar with drug development milestones and their context.
- Recognizes and elevates changes in project scope or execution for review by project director.
- Able to prioritize and suggest alternatives or contingencies to achieve the correct technical solutions with most efficient resource utilization.
- Propose deviations from established procedures and methods based upon sound judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with internal and external customers.
- Supervisory skills are expected for Scientists with direct reports.
- Can organize and manage teams chartered to address resolution of lab issues or special projects with general management guidance.
- Lead by example according to companies values and culture.
- Can assess training needs and formulate development plans for subordinates.
- Recognize unmet customer needs.
- Can effectively back-up supervisor to address limited technical or business issues with prior instructions.
- Strategy is focused on personal and team time management and efficiency.
- Well organized with ability to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- May publish or present externally.
- May require the use of a respirator.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.