Apex Systems is actively hiring for a Construction Manager role with a Fortune 200 Renewable Energy Client!
This position is designated as remote with preferred candidates working in either the New York or New England areas.
**For immediate consideration, please send your most up-to-date resume in a Word Document to: Alex at [email protected]*
Position: Construction Manager
Location: New York/New England (Remote)
Experience: 6+ years of Engineering, Construction Management, or professional career in construction with past experience in Industrial or power markets. A background in solar construction, electrical, and utilities is preferred.
Hours: M-F, 40 hours per week. Travel would consist of training, meetings or site visits.
Length of Assignment: 12 month contract + potential extension or conversion
To act as the Owner’s representative to oversee all aspects of plant and facilities construction including: interconnect, site work, owner purchased material, safety, startup and commissioning, and project close out. This position is responsible for the overall management of the team and assigned projects, to ensure compliance within required budgetary, scheduling, and safety goals. Employees in this role coordinate and manage construction work performed by contractors and/or vendors at the project site. Employees in this role manage the engineering, procurement and construction oversight-activities necessary to construct, start-up, and commence commercial operations.
- Oversees project operations and ensures adherence to corporate safety and quality through all site activities
- Works collaboratively with resources and sub suppliers in various disciplines to determine project priorities, schedule and work plans to meet milestones and project schedule
- Work with site team to ensure that the site is clean and safety protocols are being followed
- Manages sub tier suppliers to the requirements outlined in contracts or purchase orders as the lead manager and administrator
- Manage onsite company representative staff (Inspectors)
- Reporting daily, weekly and monthly on progress, indicators, and recovery plans to upper management
- Ensures projects are efficiently, effectively and safely implemented in accordance with department procedures, local regulations, contracts and policies
- Verifies constructability, ensures proper resource allocations, assesses field status and resolves issues as needed
- Leads project meetings and reviews budget, schedule, quality, risk tracker, and contingency allocations
- Interfaces with projects designated management committees or third parties, and acts as lead Company representative of project activities
- Ensure SWPPP and Storm water regulations and procedures are being followed
- Manage execution requirements stipulated in the Interconnect Agreement, Purchase Power Agreement, and Independent System Operator to achieve back-feed, sync and commercial operation
- Manages walk down of planned work, validates acceptance of completed work to design requirements, approves contractor payment requests
- Manage Contractors to ensure project schedule is tracking to achieve project deadlines through project construction lifecycle through closeout
- Supervises activities and/or coordinates activities or groups, such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, and analysis and contract administration
- Oversees commissioning activities to meet corporate objectives, with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources
- Ability to travel between projects as assigned
- Construction Manager expected to be onsite daily while site is active
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- People management
- Time management
- Computer skills MS word, Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record.
- Understanding of safety construction, commissioning, and testing systems.
- Communication to third parties and executives
- Schedule and planning understanding
- Construction means and methods knowledge
- Management means and methods knowledge
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.