Engineering and Data Analyst Technician
Job Description:One of Apexs largest manufacturing clients is looking to hire a contract Engineering and Data Analyst Technician out of their Grand Prairie, TX location!
Apply directly by emailing Cassie at [email protected]
The Data analyst technician role will be to assist the technical leads including research and development, engineering, and quality team with analyzing data taken from various aspects of the fabrication process. Prospected candidate is expected to have great understanding of tools and software programs suitable for data analysis. S/he must be able to work in an agile and fast-paced environment, be interested to learn and get familiarized with the details of the process and come up with appropriate methods and techniques for analyzing the data. Additionally, hands on experience with laboratory thermal and mechanical characterization methods is required. Successful candidate will contribute in performing testing, instructed by the supervisor, and perform analysis and finally create a technical report to the leads. Cross-team collaboration and high level of communication are needed for correct interpretation of the data and efficient delivery, throughout the project.
EDUCATION/TRAINING: The candidate should have a bachelor degree in one of the science or engineering disciplines and must have trainings on standard industry software programs to perform data analysis. Moreover, laboratory experience with analytical instruments such as DMA, TMA, and DSC is required.
EXPERIENCE: The required experience may include:
- Microsoft office, Minitab, JMP, others
- Research and development
- Analytical testing
- Quality control testing
- Follow technical instructions and perform data analysis for quality testing, production support, and research and development.
- Improve upon current data analysis methods, create data templates, assist in centralizing data storage, and help to automate analyzing data which are understandable and accessible to other members of the team
- Create process capability and SPC charts to help evaluate and increase the robustness of the process
- Follow the operators, have close observations, record and analyze data
- Make recommendations for technical and process improvements.
- Perform ASTM or analytical tests to assess material performances.
- Analyze materials and processes (if appropriate) regarding product problems and failures.
- Write technical report, procedures, input data, maintain a laboratory notebook, generate test records, and utilize basic Lean
- Maintain and improve lab space and equipment.
- The individual must adherence to safe work practices and compliance with all environmental, health, and safety protocols while working with toxic chemicals such as isocyanate.
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Responsible work in a timely manner and successfully communicating with technical team members
- Acute execution of projects assigned, time management, meeting milestone goals and timelines.
- Maintain or improve tack times and meet schedule for assigned tasks and projects.
- Excellent record keeping skills and organization of data.
- Focus on results to meet timeline, via strong work ethics.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with 5S (6S) as a zone lead is a plus.
- Preventative maintenance support for R&D equipment.
Candidate must be US person (US Citizen, or Permanent Resident)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.