EPC Business Analyst
**If you are interested, please send your resume to Jordan Rodriguez at [email protected]**
Construction Business Analyst Opportunity (Hybrid)
Client Type: Construction Engineering/EPC
Duration: 6 months Contract (Potential to extend or convert)
Location: San Antonio, TX OR Houston, TX
No PTO: Hours worked is hours paid.
Why is this a great opportunity?
We are seeking a Business Analyst who is highly motivated and eager to contribute and learn. This role will collaborate with internal business partners to effectively review, analyze, and evaluate business needs to help determine solutions that support overall business strategies. This position will serve as a high-level role supporting solutions across multiple projects and locations.
What you’ll do as a Business Analyst?
- Coordinate enterprise level solution enhancements and employ a consulting services approach to encourage users to adopt best practices when working within business solutions.
- Gather and document business requirements and translate into technical specifications in coordination with internal business units, vendors, clients, and other solution stakeholders.
- Support delivery of interoperability requirements as defined in project IT execution plans.
- Agile methodologies to evaluate and document business processes.
- Map and analyze highly complex end-to-end business workflows and data flows.
- Recommend and deliver new solutions or enhancements based on assessment of business requirements in alignment with overall business and technology strategy.
- Develop and execute quality assurance test plans and document results.
- Identify, research, and resolve issues proactively; Communicate updates to business users.
- Monitor results and adoption while supporting delivered solutions through the transition from implementation to business operation.
- Assist in designing and automating control reports and tools.
- Identify, pull, analyze, and summarize large amounts of data.
- Work across organizational hierarchies and lead cross-functional teams.
- Act as the liaison between a business unit and a technical team, when needed.
- Work collaboratively with other analysts for knowledge sharing and transparency.
- Maintain a general understanding of the clients business groups, service lines and departments.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of Enterprise Services’ methodologies and technologies.
What you’ll need?
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (e.g., Business Administration, Information Systems) with a focus on operations management, organizational development, business management, performance enhancement, business analytics or similar
- Understanding of technology, systems, and business analysis methodologies.
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies, scrum, or Azure DevOps techniques.
- Adept at interpreting complex data and documents with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of Engineering/ Procurement/ Construction (EPC) lifecycle, data management, database technologies, data modeling and presentation, project data lifecycles and domains
- A broad working knowledge of Advanced Work Packaging as it relates to an EPC project.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.