Director of Manufacturing
Job Description:*We are entertaining candidates without Director experience but have leadership experience* DC Motor experience is required!
Our client is a leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor of OEM quality marine rotating electrical parts and accessories. They deliver peace of mind to boat owners and mechanics who rely on the quality and performance of our parts. They are a purpose driven company with a team of problem solvers who like to do it right and are in it together. Their team is growing, and we are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter, can easily adapt to new changes, and takes ownership of the job they perform.
This position requires a balance of engineering and applications to a manufacturing setting. As a Director of Manufacturing Engineering, you will be responsible for the manufacturing efforts of our DC motors and associated products.
They proudly engineer and build our motors at our manufacturing facility in Pensacola, Florida. The backbone of their operation lies in their ability to leverage their specialized manufacturing machinery to run a finely-tuned automated production assembly line. We are looking for the right combination of a technical, tactical and strategic leader to fill this position.
- Own all manufacturing efforts of our DC motors and associated products. Support new production introduction and product development.
- Maintain integrity of manufacturing process, testing and machines (mechanical, electrical and PLC program)
- Develop new product motors and improve on legacy designs
- Manage all technical knowledge of manufacturing machines and finished goods
- Inform and execute manufacturing schedule
- Account for time and budget of product
- Oversee inventory and purchase of raw material
- Maintain Safety and Compliance
- Hire new talent to join the manufacturing team
- 4+ years’ experience in manufacturing setting with DC motor design
- Mechanical or Electrical degree preferred
- Expertise in design aspects of DC electric motors
- Proven track record in team leadership in a volume manufacturing setting
- Experience in Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Ability to create and maintain manufacturing schedules and budgets
- Proficiency in Autocad
- Machine shop experience a plus
- Experience in Lean manufacturing a plus
- Machine maintenance supervisor experience a plus
- Ability to work well with teammates
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.