Senior Linux System Administrator
We are looking for a Top Secret cleared Linux Systems Admin/Engineer for one of our top Telecommunications clients!
Candidates must either currently hold a Top Secret level clearance, or be qualified to obtain one (USC ONLY)
This role is 100% Remote but it is preferred that the candidate sits in the RTP area.
To apply please send your resume to Grace at [email protected]
Pay Range is between $50-60/hr W2
The primary goal of this position is to provide support in the MNSO OSS Compute team. Responsibilities include a wide range of activities, including the architecture, planning, implementation, design, capacity management, and operational support for the Linux Virtual and Physical infrastructure.
You will collaborate with Operations Systems Support, Network Infrastructure, Security Infrastructure, Project teams, IT, Operations, and Product teams. Activities include but are not limited to Change, Incident, Problem, and Risk Management. Additionally, you will be expected to own and drive the resolution of highly complex issues during regular business hours and off-hour escalations or maintenance activities.
- Proactively maintain and develop all RedHat Linux Virtual and Physical infrastructure technology to support a 24x7x365 uptime service.
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Fault finding, analysis, and logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hotfixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware.
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks.
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Develop lab scenarios to mock user environments and test components of proposed solutions.
Youll need to have:
- Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator for (5) year(s)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar relevant degree and or experience.
- In-depth knowledge of RedHat Linux.
- In-depth knowledge of Red Hat Satellite and Capsule server environments.
- Experience in RSA SecurID for creating managing user accounts, token assignments for the users and syncing tokens and Active Directory user accounts.
- Experience in RSA Secure authentication policies (Password policies, Lockout policies, Token policies and Authentication Grades)
- Creating and assigning administrative roles for users in RSA Security Console.
- Experience in debugging authentication / authorization related issues and creating Roles, Policies and Real time activity monitoring in RSA Secure console.
- Administration and Operational knowledge of RSA console Starting and stopping RSA services and Knowledge on certificate management.
- Hands on experience on RSA AM Upgrade and Patching Latest version.
- Configure and troubleshoot Radius component with RSA Authentication manager.
- Experience in Import and Export of RSA Soft tokens and Hard tokens to RSA Authentication Manage.
- Managing primary and replica server operations from RSA Operational Console.
- Manage and Administrating RSA security Console and Operational console for VPN users and Provide MFA
- Experience with enterprise virtualization products (VCenter, VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, etc.)
- Experience with IT automation products (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data OSS products (Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Flume, etc.)
- Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Intermediate working knowledge network and security managed services and management systems.
- Willingness to be on call and varying work hours, including weekend’s holidays.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers, associates, vendors, and management.
- Deliver results under pressure.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.