Financial Operations Analyst
Job Description:Apex Systems is a world class services business that incorporates industry insights and experience to deliver solutions that fulfill our clients’ digital visions.
Apex has an opportunity for a Financial Operations Analyst to join our team in a fast-paced Financial Services industry client on an exciting project!
Role: Financial Ops Analyst
Location: Boston, MA or Miami, FL Hybrid onsite
Term: 6 Mo. Right to hire
Finance Ops Analyst will be responsible for Analyzes cloud bills and provides financial insights to support cloud cost optimization, develop a framework for Automated Financial Reporting, ensure adherence to the procurement policies; work with the workstreams to define Budget, Manage spend, and Optimizes costs, while establishing cost controls by monitoring, and analyzing cloud bills.
- Provide technical analysis of cloud spend per account/team/environment to understand trends, to inform budget planning and business decisions about technology spend
- Create cost estimates for applications running in the cloud, in partnership with technology owners and engineers
- Lead conversations with Senior leadership on Cloud usage and forecasted expense
- Identify and recommend potential cost optimization opportunities and partner with engineers to address
- Provide financial oversight and management of cloud spend
- Analyze financial data related to cloud spends and identify trends to inform business
- Create and periodically refresh dashboards with OKRs regarding cloud spend
- Analyze cloud spend data to provide recommendations for cloud optimization (such as rightsizing, power scheduling etc.) and calculate potential savings
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure implementation of cloud optimization strategies
- Define framework and leading practices to determine financial accountability, transparency, and continuous optimization to maximize business value
- Report Cloud Cost and consumption to Leadership, using Cloud Explorer and Global tools
- Partner with 3rd party consultants and business units to optimize cost
- Establish budgeting and forecasting processes including show back/chargeback mechanisms
- Develops financial projections to support planning and investment decisions
- Define standard policies around purchasing of cloud instances, cloud resource management policy and other standard cloud services
- Continuously monitor overall cloud spend and automate cloud budgets and alerts based on tier-based actions
- Ensure cloud spend optimization is a continuous process and is rooted in the culture
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.