Apex Systems is working with a progressive, global leader in the coatings industry who is growing and planning for their future! We are looking for a Facilities Supervisor. The ideal candidate will have a BS degree with 8 years of experience, preferably in a Union environment. This role will have 6-7 direct reports and be responsible for 2 local sites.
Summary Job Description:
The Facilities Supervisor leads the overall equipment and facilities maintenance department at two sites. Responsible for overseeing maintenance day to day functions and the improvement of all plant infrastructures, including IT, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, fire, and security systems. Provides oversight of all essential production equipment by managing the upkeep of equipment, spare parts, and supplies to meet production needs, while maintaining environment, health, and safety standards.
The Facilities Supervisor works with Director of Operations, Plant Manager, and senior management to execute approved plans for improvements to increase safety, quality, and productivity in the manufacturing or R&D environment. This position is essential to maintaining the successful operation of Thorndale (TD) & Exton sites by increasing the reliability of our equipment and quality for our products and services.
- Manages the day-to-day maintenance department staff at the Thorndale facility.
- Responsible for keeping the plant operational on a 5 x 24 weekly or extended weekend schedule.
- Develops, maintains, and reports on key performance indicators as it relates to machine, maintenance reliability and facilities performance. Creates robust preventative and predictive maintenance measures for facilities and production equipment.
- Works closely with plant management, production control, process engineering and quality assurance to provide timely resolution of all equipment issues while executing defined preventative maintenance schedules. Initiates work orders as necessary, organizes and leads staff to address equipment upgrades and/or repairs.
- Creates or is assigned projects and leads to completion. Manages stakeholders, scope of work and ensures budgets are met.
- Oversees and troubleshoots current equipment and makes improvements for maximum runtime between failures. Proactively works to identify issues with equipment, coordinates repairs/upgrades/modifications, and leads implementations as needed.
- Plans, justifies, manages, and maintains assigned capital projects from concept to completion within assigned budgets and timeline.
- Monitors and controls spending of facilities and maintenance budgets. (Thorndale and Exton)
- Determines root causes through problem solving techniques for equipment failures and develops sustainable corrections to limit or eliminate future occurrences.
- Develops new equipment improvements and communicates with process engineers and production staff to ensure current practices and methods are clearly defined.
- Works closely with Operations and safety, health, and environment Managers to develop and ensure compliance with appropriate safety, OSHA, & DEP regulatory standards and environmental improvements
- Participates in monthly plant safety meetings and walk-through observations.
- Holds monthly facility and maintenance meetings.
- Works with procurement to purchase facility and maintenance related items.
- Leads or assists IT System integrations for the manufacturing infrastructure which includes data collection, PLC programming, HMI configuration and ensures that all equipment communication protocols are in working order.
- Ensure adequate staffing and training plans exist for the maintenance department.
- Participates or leads factory acceptance testing of capital equipment acquisitions at vendors’ facilities as needed.
- Plays a key role in ensuring that department ISO requirements are up to date.
- Negotiates and procures various outside service contracts for calibrations, painting, landscaping, and snow removal.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or high school diploma with 8 years of related experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in a unionized manufacturing environment desirable.
- 5 years’ experience managing a maintenance department.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, MindSphere, and Scada systems is desirable.
- Sound decision-making, mechanical and electrical skills are critical.
- Demonstrated skills in organizing and multi-tasking are required.
Send resumes to [email protected] for Immediate Consideration!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.