Job Description:Systems/Software Engineer
Cummins is looking to develop their engine On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) systems before product launch. We are looking for candidates who are skilled with either software/controls/hardware diagnostic development or systems engineering experience in the engine industry.
Depending on your background, you will have involvement in identification and understanding of stakeholder requirements and developing specifications, and responsibility for design, implementation, testing and/or release of software that controls the operation of engines products in a variety of customer applications.
This applied technology position creates software that is sold as an integral part of engine products. People in these positions have involvement in identification and understanding of stakeholder requirements and developing specifications, and responsibility for design, implementation, testing and/or release of software that controls the operation of engines products in a variety of customer applications.
- Applies and supports the improvement of product software development processes and tools. Processes include coding, compiling and test. Tools include code editors, integration tools, static analysis tools, compilers and hardware in the loop test tools.
- Details specific to this role may be found at the end of this document
- Obtains input and collaborates with product and software development teams and delivers verified software features, components, builds to product teams
- Uses systems knowledge and expertise to make decisions in the areas of software requirements, architecture, design, and test that impact the quality and performance of software builds, product lines (platforms) and management integration and coordination
- Owns problem resolution for products, systems, subsystems, or services with a a low degree of technical complexity and ambiguity
- Responsible for interacting and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Provides independent execution of established work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and processes
- Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence within a work group and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role
- Minimum of 4 years. Ideally 5-8+ years of experience in using large amounts of systems diagnostics data in North America
- Experience in fuel systems diagnostics
- Knowledge of EPA requirements for fuel systems
- Participated in design projects for fuel systems
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.