If interested please send your resume to [email protected]
Overview: Part of the Cloud Enablement team, have DynamoDB in use already, but expanding cloud data reach to Postgres RDS and Aurora. Maturing Relational database management on the cloud. Described their team as "consulting"--working with different application teams to understand their applications and data access requirements, set them up for success, and align to the cloud data strategy.
• Key areas of focus for DBA: availability and failover, scaling and capacity planninug, database modeling, query monitoring and performance tuning (eventually)
• Need to scale to multi-region availability, largely using Terraform, to develop a comprehensive availability and failover solution.
• Team size: ~6 FTEs, 3 onsite, 2-3 nearshore
• Looking for an L1/more mid-level candidate
• Has built out disaster recovery/backup solutions for DynamoDB, but not RDS or Aurora. Will not be responsible for building that solution necessarily (will fall to more Senior team) but will be responsible for working with Application teams, understanding their Application availability needs and working with them to identify the appropriate solution.
• Database modeling required for storage optimization as they spin up their RDS and Aurora instances
• Query monitoring--using Cloudwatch and Datadog. Nice to have if they can performance tune/optimize queries (will eventually take on that responsibility) but basic level need to identify major issues/bottlenecks. Must Haves:
• AWS RDS and Aurora databases
• Database modeling
• Database monitoring
• Understanding of AWS availability zones/multi-region distribution Nice to Have:
• SQL query performance tuning
• Cloudwatch and/or Datadog
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.