Aerosol Scientist Post-Doc
Job Description:Apex Systems is actively seeking an Aerosol Scientist for a long term renewable contract opportunity with one of the worlds largest producers and marketers of tobacco, cigarettes and related products.
SUMMARY OF JOB
The Aerosol Scientist will research and identify new aerosol characterization methodologies and state-of-the-art aerosol instrumentation. Experiments will be set up to study aerosol dynamics: evaporation, deposition and hydroscopic growth. The Aerosol Scientist works with modeling groups to explore, plan and execute experimental setups to validate model results.
- Aerosol characterization (size and chemical composition) to support prototype development and optimization
- Generating aerosols with different sizes and concentrations for the development and optimization of new and current products
- Conducting feasibility assessment and making recommendations for their applicability and implementation for aerosol research.
- PhD degree in the field of aerosol sciences is preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in aerosol generation, aerosol sampling techniques, particle instrumentation, particle characterization techniques, and instrument design
- Fundamental knowledge and expertise in aerosol dynamics
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), problem-solving, leadership and multi-tasking project management skills in order to work effectively in a team oriented-environment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.