Full Stack Java Developer
Apex Systems, a World-Class Technology Solutions Provider, is seeking applicants for the below position on behalf of our client. Please send your resume to [email protected] if interested and qualified. Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Position: FullStack Java Developer
Location: Onsite 3x a week in Birmingham, AL
Duration : 12 mo. Contract
Rate : Based on experience
This position will include all aspects of web application development including enhancement of existing applications, bug fixes and security updates, database schema design, support for standard and custom components, and application configuration and maintenance. This position requires knowledge of Java and Spring Framework, web application development, SQL databases, and software development life cycle processes. The candidate will need to deal with topics like CI/CD, GIT, scripting, API interactions, code quality, advanced version control topics, and more.
- Develop application enhancements with complex business requirements including custom data interfaces, security and compliance regulations, and standards from electric industry groups
- Convert existing stand-alone solutions into CloverDX Data Services
- Develop and deploy application changes using JetBrains IntelliJ IDE, SonarQube code analysis, Sonatype Nexus suite, GitHub Enterprise source code management and similar software development tools
- Create schema alteration and bulk data load SQL scripts to support application changes
- Manage changes to production solutions using change management practices including source code management, creation of formal deployment procedures and back-out plans, quality testing, documentation, etc.
- Adhere to all Southern Company and EMS guidelines, policies, and established work practices.
- minimum 6 years of Java experience
- minimum of 2 years with Spring Framework
- Experience with AngularJS 1.x and Bootstrap 3
NICE TO HAVES:
- React Experience
- View Experience
*Please note that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, benefits include the below with employee contribution*
- Life Insurance; Short Term Disability
- Hospitalization Coverage
- Direct Deposit
- Weekly Pay Periods
- Training and Development Programs
- Referral Program
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.