Engineering and Geoscience Data Specialist
Type: 12 month contract to start
Location: Houston, Texas 77024
Compensation: $65-80/hr w2Job Summary/Description:
We are seeking a highly qualified O&G Engineering data specialist to join our Data Services team as part of the IT and Business Intelligence Division . This is a hybrid/onsite role, that will support and work closely with Engineering and Geo-sciences disciplines and collaborate to prepare and enhance technical data quality, source access, integration, and visualization. Knowledge in advanced analytical methods experience is a plus. Requires a comprehensive knowledge of Engineering and Geoscience data & tools, data connections, and software/platforms. The ideal candidate is a meticulous, analytical thinker who can work collaboratively with a highly technical team and other IT groups when required but is also a driven independent contributor.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to):
• Responsible for quality checks and distribution of Engineering and Geoscience technical data throughout projects and current software packages.
• Use automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources. Conduct quality audits to data sources and automated reports. Work with subscription representatives if necessary.
• Use data and analytical tools to interpret rich data sources , manage large amounts of data, merge data sources, ensure consistency of datasets before consumption.
• Creates and assists in data access and visualizations for the NRD team.
• Liaise with data analysts and other members of the IT group to deliver required data and solve data quality and accessing issues, as well as data integration aspects for different projects and stakeholders in the NRD team.
• Deep technical understanding and experience dealing with oil and gas production, well construction and geoscience data.
• Experience developing and supporting business intelligence and analytics solutions (e.g., Spotfire, Power BI, etc.) with emphasis on applications related to geoscience and production engineering. Ability to gather application technical requirements and capture client needs utilizing appropriate methods, controls, and documentation.
• Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative environment with minimal supervision.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication).
• Ability to foster partnerships with business partners and other groups, build relationships across business units and with key stakeholders.
• Strong critical thinking skills for analysis and problem-solving using data.
• BS degree in engineering, mathematics, statistics, data science, or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of related/relevant experience in oil and gas industry: Strong O&G business and operational acumen, excellent project management skills, exhibits strong technical communication skills.
• Power User knowledge and skills on Spotfire or similar BI visualizations/analytical tools.
• Proficiency in some engineering and geoscience software (S&P Kingdom, ComboCurve, PHDwin)
• Programming languages: SQL, Python, R, C#, Java.Qualification Must Have
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.