Large, international medical diagnostics company is hiring a new Scientist for their growing team. We support a product line that is the industry standard worldwide, and we need ongoing support to retain our outstanding quality measures. This position will work onsite at our north Tucson location. Enjoy the stunning mountain views while collaborating with our professional team towards the support of cancer patients!
Communication and organizational skills, and the ability to identify opportunities that would drive the business forward while complying with quality processes and objectives. Utilize a wide variety of scientific techniques to determine root cause, while remaining compliant with the Quality System and Global Regulatory Standards.
- Responsible for issue identification, scoping and troubleshooting of production related issues while driving processes to issue resolution.
- Responsible for developing and executing investigational plans and determining root cause in a collaborative matrix environment.
- Analyzes data, evaluate results, form conclusions and develop resolution plans using a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts.
- Provides technical input for impact assessment and design changes.
- Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the art principles and theories.
Compliance, Quality & Safety
- Accurately documents investigations and other Quality Records to maintain compliance and company’s “Right to operate”.
- Provide manufacturing product and process information to support global regulatory compliance standards and maintain employee safety.
- Leverages investigational data to identify and suggest product/process/safety improvement opportunities and/or cost savings by contributing to implementing solutions.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Proactively collaborates with peers in other shifts/functions.
- Collaborates with support functions to drive value stream, lean manufacturing improvement and global projects/ initiatives
- BS degree with 5 years of relevant experience in production, manufacturing, supply chain or related field is required. Experience working with medical diagnostics, medical device, pharmaceutical, or related industries is preferred.
- PhD in Science or MS is preferred with 2+ years’ experience.
- Core skills in biology, microbiology, molecular biology, chemistry or similar scientific disciplines is needed.
- Knowledge of GMP processes is required
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply investigational techniques and data analysis to the root cause determination.
- Ability to scope the investigation and corrective actions as appropriate for the situation.
- Ability to analyze and present data at an appropriate level of detail applicable to the situation.
- Ability to broadly evaluate how an issue may impact other products/ processes.
- Demonstrates system-level thinking and applies broad scientific knowledge to multi-disciplinary projects.
- Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents; writes independently; evaluates the writing of others.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.