Bank Dispute Specialist
Length: 6 months
Location: Onsite San Antonio, TX
As a Bank Dispute Specialist, you will work under direct supervision, protect the financial interests of our client and their members by conducting investigations of member claims, researching, analyzing, and processing dispute inquiries for financial transactions related to debit, credit, deposit accounts, in an attempt to recover funds for the member in accordance with all Regulatory Requirements and Association rules. You will engage in customer service activities to determine member needs and provide appropriate resolution. Operate in a strong compliance and risk management environment where performance is measured while ensuring constant support of our clients commitment to their members.
Analyzes non-IT business problems and articulates requirements to support process improvement opportunities. Creates framework for assessing financial payback. Identifies alternative solutions and makes recommendation. Prepares documentation of current and desired state. Develops requirements and builds a common understanding between process owners and solution developers. Role demands ability to assess process performance, strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience in preparing ROI statements for proposed investments.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled in accordance with risk and compliance policies and procedures.
- 1 year of customer contact experience in a financial services organization to include dispute processing and/or conflict resolution.
- 1 year of analytical problem-solving experience. Experience working under Banking Regulations and Bank Card Association Rules to include Reg E and/or Reg Z, as well as UDAAP and all applicable financial regulations.
- Experience working in specific systems and tools (to include Windows operating system environment, Microsoft Office, Fidelity and/or Visa Online).
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include: TILA/REG Z– Billing errors, Reg E – Error resolution, UDAAP.
- Experience working in a VROL, AMEX, MC
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.