Apex Systems is a global IT services provider, and our staffing practice has an opening for a Product Designer with strong visual UI design/Graphic design experience, and solid systems thinking to place at our client, a multinational technology corporation.
Client: Multinational technology corporation
Terms: Contract. Strong possibility of extension.
Location: 100% Remote (must be willing and able to work Pacific Time)
Application Process: It is best to apply via the medium on which you are seeing this posting. If you encounter technical difficulties submitting your resume, please send a Word version of your resume to Ty Kurucz at [email protected]. Please reference Request ID: 2003038– Product Designer.
Our clients Enterprise Design Team is looking for a Product Designer to help bring their projects to life. This role is for someone with strong design abilities, typographic skills, digital expertise, and acute attention to detail. You are a highly motivated, self-directed team player who works well under pressure and can thrive in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment. Development of visual design concepts referencing their visual system and interface guidelines and sharing those with the visual system designers. You are also capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously. You are a great creator, collaborator, and communicator.
Portfolio/Reel review is required and previous experience working at a large company will help to be successful in this role.
- Design new user experience using the existing Microsoft design framework
- Independently collaborate with PM and dev partners to develop compelling user experiences
- Develop style guidelines, specs, patterns, or other deliverables to document the essential elements of a design solution for development or future use.
- Attending team meetings from creating initial concepts, through to project completion.
- Ensure quality fit and finish for product releases, including meeting accessibility standards.
- 2-4+ years of visual UI design/Graphic design for web and work-related experience required.
- Have a good understanding of UX (user experience, web, and mobile interaction patterns). Strong visual/UI design skills.
- Ability to discuss and present an in-depth knowledge of standard design principles: color, typography, layout, brand.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under constant deadline constraints.
- Must have the ability to understand technology issues and communicate information effectively.
- Proficiency in current and emerging web technologies and standard design software packages (i.e. Figma)
- Portfolio for a review with design lead.
- Bachelors degree in Design, Graphic Design, or related program. A combination of education and experience may substitute for a Bachelors degree.
- Ability to work with partners and maintain design perspective
- Detail oriented, strong systems thinking and high level of polish
- Design point of view (must be able to explain the “why” in your portfolio work)
- 80% heads down designing and user testing
- 20% meetings
- 10% design review
- Link to portfolio (included in resume) required - portfolio should capture the entire design process, including what issues you are trying to solve, what you learned when solving them, did you work with other teams/disciplines, did you think of the user’s point of view? Visual designs should be fresh and contemporary, not appear dated like an old website.
If you are not a 99% match to the above, and want to be considered for other opportunities at our enterprise clients, register for our Talent Network where you can receive job alerts about new opportunities that match your interests.
Click here to Register for our Talent Network
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.