R&D Specialist (Food Industry)
R&D Specialist (Food Industry)
Apex Life Sciences is searching for a R&D Specialist for our client in North York, ON. Our client is in the food industry and is looking for someone with experience working in a food production facility with R&D or PD experience, knowledge of flavor profiles, and who is detail-oriented . This position is a 6-month contract-to-hire opportunity working on the day shift.
Client: Food Manufacturer
Contract: 6-month contract, with intent to convert to a permanent position
Location: North York, ON (onsite work required)
Application Process: Please apply via the medium on which you are seeing this posting. If you encounter technical difficulties submitting your resume, please send a Word version of your resume to Phil at [email protected]. Please reference Job Title R&D Specialist (Food Industry)
- The successful candidate will put together his/her own seasonings, create and weigh out the samples for presentation to our customers.
- There is not a lot of direct interaction with customers as we more typically submit our samples to them for further development in their own facilities and then respond to requests for revisions in the same manner.
- Make key contributions in the development, design and evaluation of new protein based products or ingredients
- B.Sc. in Food Science or related discipline
- 3+ years experience in Food R&D or PD
- Benchtop product development experience, has a good palate (able to discern flavour profiles), is creative, understands a broad spectrum of food sub-industries (meat processing, snack foods, etc.)
- Specifically understands how to work with spices and seasonings.
- Strong communication and detail-oriented skills
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.